Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help!!! missing Jan software upgrade after restoring

Default Help!!! missing Jan software upgrade after restoring
    Okay here is what happened i was using Customize and it sent me back to the original backup theme. I tried to change the lock wallpaper icon but it would not let me. i tried uninstalling customize, springboard, and deleting the image itself but it still would not change. i decided to restore my Ipod to see if that helped, and well it did not. I had the last minuet idea to use mobile finder and delete the image and that worked. But when i did the restore it did not reinstall my January Software Upgrade. I looked in my apps using mobile finder and i can see that the apps are still there they are just not opening or appearing on the desktop. I really need some help how do i get my apps back or what can i use as a replacement for my mail notes and weather, and maps, i don't really care about the stock. Please someone help i have no idea what to do and have already done the stuff that apple says.

Well, usually even if you restore and set up your iPod as a new iPod, you will still get your January Apps. I do it all the time. I think that it has something to do with the apps being tied to either your computer, your iTunes Library, or your serial number... But anyways. Are you syncing your iPod back to the iTunes Library that you bought the apps with?
    Give credit where credit is due, press "thank you"
    When all else fails, put it into restore mode!!!
    Remember, Google is your best friend. And so is YouTube!!!
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/How...ty_or_iLbertyX Enjoy the guide.

Quote Originally Posted by doomsayer97 View Post
    Well, usually even if you restore and set up your iPod as a new iPod, you will still get your January Apps. I do it all the time. I think that it has something to do with the apps being tied to either your computer, your iTunes Library, or your serial number... But anyways. Are you syncing your iPod back to the iTunes Library that you bought the apps with?
    yes i am but i restored it to the previouse back up and not as a new ipod would that have anything to do with it

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

more then likely. don't do restores from previous backups. do a fresh restore, setup as new, then sync
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Well, you should still get your January Apps even if you restore from a backup, because like I said before, it's tied to either the iPod or the serial number or the computer or something. You should have them no matter what kind of restore you do.
    Give credit where credit is due, press "thank you"
    When all else fails, put it into restore mode!!!
    Remember, Google is your best friend. And so is YouTube!!!
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/How...ty_or_iLbertyX Enjoy the guide.

Quote Originally Posted by doomsayer97 View Post
    Well, you should still get your January Apps even if you restore from a backup, because like I said before, it's tied to either the iPod or the serial number or the computer or something. You should have them no matter what kind of restore you do.
    I just did another restore this time setting it to a new point and that did no good i still do not have my software upgrade and now i have to go back and re hack it though assuming apple releases the app store in a 3 weeks it might be better to not bother re hacking it and just hope that something is released that can replace what i lost. any opinions on that option?

Don't set up your touch from a restore point or previous backup, to recognise the update it needs to be set up as a new ipod. it even tells you that in the Apple forums and faq

I just did that and it still made no difference i did not get my stuff back but i did lose all other info stored on my ipod such as bookmarks and settings

Check to make sure that the update is where it should be, the correct folder, as your using XP, it should be in...
    CDocuments and Settings\(your username)\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\Mobile Applications...
    and in there should be "iPod touch App Pack 4A93"

of course if you re-jailbreak you can get the apps back from installer, but you'd like to know that you can get back the things you paid for right. i felt the same way

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kid_tw1st For This Useful Post:

jackbuu3 (2008-06-13)

Quote Originally Posted by kid_tw1st View Post
    Check to make sure that the update is where it should be, the correct folder, as your using XP, it should be in...
    Cocuments and Settings(your username)Application DataApple ComputeriTunesMobile Applications...
    and in there should be "iPod touch App Pack 4A93"

of course if you re-jailbreak you can get the apps back from installer, but you'd like to know that you can get back the things you paid for right. i felt the same way
    i dont have the Mobile Apps folder in my Itunes folder. and yeah i would like to have back back the stuff i paid for but i would be willing to settle with anything as a replacement if you happen to know what installer has to replace it