Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to get the ipod app, from the music and videos

iPhone? More like MyPhone flattop95's Avatar
    Thanks

Default How to get the ipod app, from the music and videos
    I know there is something in installer that does this, but it doesn't always work.

first you have to download THIS

then SSH into your ipod.

Now go to your ssh program and go to /system/library/coreservices/springboard.app then drag the N45AP.plist onto your desktop, this is just to make a backup.

Then go to your create ipod app file that you downloaded from the link, and drag N45AP.plist into /system/library/coreservices/springboard.app, it ask you to replace a file click yes, because you already made the backup.

then go into /applications/mobilemusicplayer.app and drag out info.plist, this is another backup

now drag the info.plist from the file you downloaded into the /applications/mobilemusicplayer.app, it will ask you to overwrite, do so.

]Now restart your ipod and your music and videos app should be gone, and there should an ipod app instead

I hope this helped!I know there is something in installer that does this, but it doesn't always work.

first you have to download THIS

then SSH into your ipod.

Now go to your ssh program and go to /system/library/coreservices/springboard.app then drag the N45AP.plist onto your desktop, this is just to make a backup.

Then go to your create ipod app file that you downloaded from the link, and drag N45AP.plist into /system/library/coreservices/springboard.app, it ask you to replace a file click yes, because you already made the backup.

then go into /applications/mobilemusicplayer.app and drag out info.plist, this is another backup

now drag the info.plist from the file you downloaded into the /applications/mobilemusicplayer.app, it will ask you to overwrite, do so.

]Now restart your ipod and your music and videos app should be gone, and there should an ipod app instead

I hope this helped!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to flattop95 For This Useful Post:

david77123 (2008-09-07), doomsayer97 (2008-06-05), gigolo55 (2008-06-07), hackertim987 (2008-07-20), ilikeipodtouchshehe (2009-04-03), insanedoctor (2008-12-28), WelcomeHome (2009-04-06)

Thanks so much! The source for the app that does this is down or something. Now I know how to do it myself and now I don't have to have those stupid icons cluttering my springboard. Thanks again!
    Give credit where credit is due, press "thank you"
    When all else fails, put it into restore mode!!!
    Remember, Google is your best friend. And so is YouTube!!!
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/How...ty_or_iLbertyX Enjoy the guide.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to doomsayer97 For This Useful Post:

WelcomeHome (2009-04-06)

i want the icons back! could you tell me how to i fix it?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmufin For This Useful Post:

WelcomeHome (2009-04-06)

iPhone? More like MyPhone flattop95's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomicmufin View Post
    i want the icons back! could you tell me how to i fix it?
    download ipod2 from installer

8. The Following User Says Thank You to flattop95 For This Useful Post:

WelcomeHome (2009-04-06)

Just replace the original files that you should've made a backup of.
    Give credit where credit is due, press "thank you"
    When all else fails, put it into restore mode!!!
    Remember, Google is your best friend. And so is YouTube!!!
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/How...ty_or_iLbertyX Enjoy the guide.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to doomsayer97 For This Useful Post:

ddonuts4 (2009-04-21), WelcomeHome (2009-04-06)

Thanks! I was looking for something like this +rep

12. The Following User Says Thank You to fparedesg For This Useful Post:

WelcomeHome (2009-04-06)

hey i just did this and it worked out great!
    but..
    i got rid of the music and video app and its an ipod now, however, i seemed to have created a camera app, which is not showing up when i SSH into my ipod or when i use bossprefs to hide the icons, etc. Do you know what i might have done wrong or what i can do to get rid of the camera? I'm running 2.2 firmware iPod Touch 1st Gen.
    Thanks.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to insanedoctor For This Useful Post:

WelcomeHome (2009-04-06)

OMG! My ipod now looks like a iphone unless you looked at the back you could not tell!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ilikeipodtouchshehe For This Useful Post:

WelcomeHome (2009-04-06)

IT GAVE ME A CAMERA APP TO!! SWEET!!!...... Yeah I know it's useless but my friends don't have to know that!

Careful with that camera app- i accidentally transferred one to my device once and it kicked into recovery mode when i tried to open it. I would change that camera ability true/ to a false/ in teh N45AP.plist- but thats jsut my personal preference...

Quote Originally Posted by insanedoctor View Post
    hey i just did this and it worked out great!
    but..
    i got rid of the music and video app and its an ipod now, however, i seemed to have created a camera app, which is not showing up when i SSH into my ipod or when i use bossprefs to hide the icons, etc. Do you know what i might have done wrong or what i can do to get rid of the camera? I'm running 2.2 firmware iPod Touch 1st Gen.
    Thanks.
    change teh /true under camera to a /false in N45AP.plist. reupload and respring.

Oh also- wouldnt use this on a 2g- it has teh piezo clicker enabled. might throw your device into a "i dont have that hardware" lockup...
    Last edited by shawkinsl; 2009-04-07 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost