Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: cant view certain videos

Default cant view certain videos
    when i go to other sites other than youtube, i cant watch the videos. it either has a picture or some kind of blue cube, or it says sorry safari cant download this file. can anyone tell me how to watch other vids? sorry for the newb question but i just got my iphone and im kinda excited. also can you get any kinda of viruses on your iphone? thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by dextasy287 View Post
    when i go to other sites other than youtube, i cant watch the videos. it either has a picture or some kind of blue cube, or it says sorry safari cant download this file. can anyone tell me how to watch other vids? sorry for the newb question but i just got my iphone and im kinda excited. also can you get any kinda of viruses on your iphone? thanks in advance
    Safari doesn't have the flash plugin, probably because the processor could not handle large flash applications and videos. The blue cube with the question mark means there is an incompatible field in the webpage, and it will show up on silverlight and some java apps, etc. as well. So until someone finds out how to put flash on a jailbreaked iphone, or Apple includes it in an firmware update, flash won't work at all.

There is a good possibility of a virus appearing on the iphone eventually, though I havent heard of any yet. It runs off of OS X, so it is less likely to get a virus than if it were Nokia or a Windows OS, but I'd be somewhat cautious of what you install on there (since a lot of apps could screw up the ipod anyway).