Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Settings is missing settings!

Default Settings is missing settings!
    Hey everybody. I am having some problems with my settings app. It won't display some settings. A screenshot of what the problem looks like is attached at the bottom. Also, I am having a problem with icon reordering. I have firmware 1.1.4, with the iPhone apps + wiggle feature installed. But, I can't rearrange icons using the wiggle feature. Does anyone know why? I've tried to reinstall it, but it isn't working...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -settings-app-problem.png  
    Last edited by doomsayer97; 2008-05-22 at 02:59 AM.
    Give credit where credit is due, press "thank you"
    When all else fails, put it into restore mode!!!
    Remember, Google is your best friend. And so is YouTube!!!
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/How...ty_or_iLbertyX Enjoy the guide.

I have the same problem. I have determined that our iphone settings menu has been replaced with an ipod touch settings menu. I also noticed that I cannot edit calendar events on my iphone anymore. Can anyone provide instructions/files to restore the iphone settings menu and calendar for iphone 1.1.4 ?

my iphone is doing the same thing now, never seen this happen. any ideas?

it seems to be fine for me after a reboot, until i connect to itunes....

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

I know what you did! You downloaded Exteneded Preferences. Your supposed to download the iPhone version but you downloaded the iPod Touch version. lol. There was a pretty big warning. Next time read carefully before you install anything. RESTORE NOW
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

Thanks

This is the ipod touch forum, can you people replying please look where you're posting so regular users don't get the heck confused out of them
    To live, you have to lie

Quote Originally Posted by desepticon View Post
    I know what you did! You downloaded Exteneded Preferences. Your supposed to download the iPhone version but you downloaded the iPod Touch version. lol. There was a pretty big warning. Next time read carefully before you install anything. RESTORE NOW
    well if you're referring to me, you're wrong i DID NOT install extended preferences. so, with the assumptions out of the way does anyone have any ideas as to what may be the cause?

i tried reinstalling Preferences.app from the back up here with no avail, i tried one from iappcat to no avail. it seems to happen when a bluetooth iphone cable is used, if a standard one is used then it charges/syncs as normal.

Default Did u get any chance to restore the preference menus
    Did u get any chance to restore the preference menus