Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone v1.1.1 acting like ipod

Default iphone v1.1.1 acting like ipod
    HI,
    i got my new iphone 3 days ago. its an unlocked iphone running v 1.1.1 .
    I installed customize and summerboard , and after i did some changes , the phone restarded and now the springboard dissapeared and all i can see is a black screen saying , Ipod on the top left corner , showing the time in the middle ,battery top right corner. When i double click the menu button i go in ipod and the other thing is that i can still receive calls. Other than that i cant do anything since i dont see anything. I cant restore my phone because it will be locked again !!
    Thanks for helping in advance!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

hahh that hapened to me... i resttored

yeah but the thing is that its unlocked , and if i restore it , it will become locked again !!! that the problem!!

CUSTOMIZE IS THE DEVIL!!

Seriously, the app has crashed many phones. If you can uninstall it, that will probably fix the issue, otherwise......ya, you know......restore.

Banned
    Thanks

let me guess....u were cheap and unlcoked it with anysim? sim free is the way to go with your personal phone...but when i sell iPhones i use anysim...(its free for a reason)

You don't need to restore, all you have to do is replace the M68AP.plist...search for hidden springboard for more instructions.

yeah but how can i restore that file ?? i cannot use anything from my iphone !! i cant c anything on the menu !! the only way is to do it through the pc. ibrickr doesnt work on v 1.1.1 . Win Scp needs i phone to be working in order to connect throught that. What else can i do???