Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need step by step instructions to change battery themes

Default Need step by step instructions to change battery themes
    Hey guys im new here and i just got my ipod touch 1.1.4 jailbroken and i wish to know how to change battery themes around. I'm not sure how to get them on there so if any one could tell me how to put em on step by step that would be awsome

Thanks

If by battery themes, you mean the battery logo that appears when charging, then here are the steps:

Install the SUID lib fix (in the Tweaks 1.1.3 folder, it works with 1.1.4)
    Now install customize 2 beta. Open it up, and you can install bunches of themes. You can install the entire theme after previewing it, or you can install bits and pieces of it (I think, I don't really like customize 2 because its still beta and it kinda messed up my iPod).
    You can also install different battery chargers in Installer, just look around the internet for sources. Aqwoah has a good one (there are 2 of them, 1 for the iPhone, 1 for the iPod Touch. Be sure to install the correct one).

Or, if you wanna change the battery icons in the status bar, you can get those from the Themes (Customize) folder (I think). There are bunches of battery packs included with themes in there, so just install them and open up Customize (I suggest the Modded version, if you don't like Customize 2). Then scroll on down to the battery images section and look at 'em and see if you like any.

Hope I helped!
    Give credit where credit is due, press "thank you"
    When all else fails, put it into restore mode!!!
    Remember, Google is your best friend. And so is YouTube!!!
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/How...ty_or_iLbertyX Enjoy the guide.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to doomsayer97 For This Useful Post:

XIXAcronymXIX (2008-05-15)

Ohh thanks! Also you wouldnt happen to know of a problem that happend with my friends ipod touch when he was trying to jailbreak it on the pc program command promt part, he said yes to jail break and then all the words started coming on the screen just as it is supposed to, but it stoped at a part that says SBU some thing something md0, major 2, minor 0. it just says that over and over and he tried to shut it off but that just comes back up so theres no way to get to the menu and it wont show up on itunes so he cant restore it :/ so he really needs alot of help there.

Quote Originally Posted by XIXAcronymXIX View Post
    Ohh thanks! Also you wouldnt happen to know of a problem that happend with my friends ipod touch when he was trying to jailbreak it on the pc program command promt part, he said yes to jail break and then all the words started coming on the screen just as it is supposed to, but it stoped at a part that says SBU some thing something md0, major 2, minor 0. it just says that over and over and he tried to shut it off but that just comes back up so theres no way to get to the menu and it wont show up on itunes so he cant restore it :/ so he really needs alot of help there.

get ziphone

from ZiPhone's Blog set phone / ipod in restore mode by holding home and off button until the usb cable appears on the screen, then press jailbreak in ziphone (remember to have itunes oN)

He needs to put it into DFU restore mode.

Hold down the sleep/wake button and the home button until it turns off.
    Release the sleep/wake button, and hold down the home button.
    Plug in the iPod to your computer via USB cable.
    The iPod is now in recovery mode (AKA, DFU restore). A connect to iTunes logo should be on the screen, and iTunes should recognize it as an iPod in recovery mode. Now you should be able to restore it and try again. But I suggest you tell him to use this method:

"http://www.youtube.com/user/iTouchMaster2"

I have some videos on how to jailbreak w/ a fool proof method. You won't get the BSD error using this one. Look for "How to jailbreak an iPod Touch using iLiberty+ (there are 2 parts)"

Hope I helped!
    Give credit where credit is due, press "thank you"
    When all else fails, put it into restore mode!!!
    Remember, Google is your best friend. And so is YouTube!!!
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/How...ty_or_iLbertyX Enjoy the guide.