Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Extremely frustrated

Thanks

Default Extremely frustrated
    I am having a bit of a problem. I wanted to update my iPod Touch, but when did this through iTunes it erased my iPod and required me to restore it. Since I still want to use the installer.app, I found a 1.1.1 and reset the firmware to that. Unfortunately now all my iPod does is show the "Enter Password" screen with the "busy" spinning icon in the background. Every once and awhile it suddenly switches to the unlock screen, but immediately changes back to the Enter Password.

What can I do? Am I completely stuck. I've already restored the iPod 4x since it first happened using both 1.1.2 and 1.1.1 firmwares.

Proud to be an Apple user since 1990... at the age of 4.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jwilcox09's Avatar
    Thanks

Which 1.1.1 firmware did you use. I had a problem with1.1.2 and had to restore as well, but the first 1.1.1 i dl'd didn't work. The one that worked for me was the one with 110 at the end. Try to find that one and restore with it.

Thanks

iPod1,1_1.1_3A101a_Restore.ipsw

This was the only one I could find. If you have somewhere I can get it or would be willing to send it to me as a .rar that would help considerably.

Wait... I just realized this is only 1.1...

ok, ok. Here is a quick update on the situation. I have decided to reinstall the 1.1.2 firmware and try messing with it a bit. Some how I managed to get the iPod working again but I still don't have the 1.1.1 firmware and I can't find it anywhere on the Apple website. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be extremely helpful. I think I can manage everything else from there.
    Last edited by J_Marley; 2007-11-13 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Proud to be an Apple user since 1990... at the age of 4.