Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [HOW TO] Have iPod pictures??

Default [HOW TO] Have iPod pictures??
    I think this is my third thread total,

I notice that when you have your play screen available in Landscape mode for the iPod, it gives the option to sort through your albums by picture. Now most of my music isn't legit from iTunes, so how do I get the Album cover available?? Is there a file I need to upload with the music? I only ask is because I had a Lloyd song, not even the entire album, and it displayed the correct album cover (Wasn't purchased through iTunes either) and when I have full albums imported it does not display any album picture.
    Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Reako

You should be able to get the album art from the itunes store. Go to itunes>Advanced>Get Album Artwork.

I use SingthatiTune to update artwork and lyrics.

If you cant find it automatically. in itunes right click the song or ctrl and select all the songs for a album, Then click, get info ,then album art ,then you can find the picture on the interweb and upload it by yourself.

Thanks

Yeah, spend an hour or two gathering all the artwork off amazon etc, and upload it to itunes. That's what i did. It's annoying, but worth it in the end

I went the Amazon route. Just type in the artist, find the album, save the picture. I usully click on the picture first, and then it'll bring you to a larger version. Then I save all of these pictures in a folder I have where my music is stored, called Album Art. Then when I have the album or song selected in iTunes, I just right click, go to Get Info, and drag the picture to the Album Art box.

Wow. I would just go the automatic route for now considering I have nearly 34GB worth of music. Manual just seems a little irrational for now. Haha

Reako

also the correct size of the album cover should be 600 x 600 just to let you guys know!

also the correct size of the album cover should be 600 x 600 just to let you guys know!

Make sure the artist and album are spelled the same way there are in itunes. Tell it to automatically download them, then manually do the ones it wont find.