Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hi Res. Photos on iPod Touch

Default Hi Res. Photos on iPod Touch
    Just got a new iPod Touch and the photo viewing utility is awesome with one big exception: the image resolution is just too low. Is there any possible way to get a high resolution image into the ipod and be able to view it as such? (either in the built-in photo viewer or another app) The only solution I've seen so far after extensive research is the pdf viewer app, but currently it's far too slow and buggy. I don't have the iphone, but it apparently is able to store its 2mp images (as jpegs?) and view them without difficulty. What would it take to convince the touch to activate the "camera roll" folder in a similar fashion?

My phone is already jailbroken and I can connect to it via winSCP. I've already tried building a 100APPLE folder under DCIM and loading a jpeg in it, but vain hope -- the ipod just ignored it and only shows the images that were downsized to a 640x480 .ithmb file through itunes.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mel

In response to my own question, I found another post wherein someone was using the apache webserver installed on their phone to access pdf ebooks. I found that it works just as well for photos. Great potential here.

Mel
    Last edited by thinkfast; 2007-11-09 at 02:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost