Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Suggest me a way out of SMS crash misery

Default Suggest me a way out of SMS crash misery
    Friends:

I'm using Mac OS X 10.5, iTunes 7.4.2 and a 1.0.2 firmware iPhone that has been hacked to use third party GSM service. All works well. I do not know the kind of hack used to make it operable.
    I suffer with the SMS crash often and resort successfully to restoring my iPhone and re syncing with iTunes. The problem is all my favorite contacts are no longer in the favorites star soft button, and some of my prefs, like sorting by name have to be reset every time I do this.
    Can I install something on my phone or on my Mac to simply delete the ofending SMS message? If so, can you suggest what path to follow that will achieve those ends? I am a newbie, but I'm not scared of terminals and such (if the instructions are succinct enough).

Thanks in advance amigos! -Migs

iPhone? More like MyPhone chancre_scolex's Avatar
    Thanks

Are you saying theres a single sms message crashing your phone? If so, try the app SMSD. Its available through installer and it allows you to delete single sms messages.
    I've got two states of mind, stoned and asleep

3. The Following User Says Thank You to chancre_scolex For This Useful Post:

Uranium (2007-11-08)

Hi all, I'm new too. SMSD sounds like a way out (tho have not tried) to delete that particular SMS without having to reset the iPhone. But guess we are still faced with the problem of not being able to read those SMSs. Those SMSs from banks and service providers somehow crash the phone or just do not come in anymore. Any patch out there that can resolve this problem? Have seen quite a number of this topic brought up in the Apple forum but those Apple guys just slammed us for using hacked iPhones (not that Apple is not making money from the sale of these hardware!)

Is there any option in the iPhone for info services? If so, set it to off. Same w/ browser messages.
    Last edited by Imahottguy; 2007-11-10 at 12:14 AM.