Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod Touch in iPhone dock

Default iPod Touch in iPhone dock
    Hey all,

For those who are curious, the iPhone dock can be modified fairly easily to fit an iPod Touch. I had an extra, so I gave it to my mother for her iPod. Upon finding out it wouldn't fit, I used a small grinding piece on a dremel. If you smooth out the edges and the inner curves, the iPod Touch will slide right in.

IVE BEEN WANTING IT TO FIT! can you give a little guide on how to do it? like which sides do you grind it off? whats a dremel? and how much do you grind off? can you just use sand paper or something?
    Last edited by dragnandy; 2008-05-03 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dragnandy View Post
    IVE BEEN WANTING IT TO FIT! can you give a little guide on how to do it? like which sides do you grind it off? whats a dremel? and how much do you grind off? can you just use sand paper or something?
    Google 'dremel' and you'll see what I'm talking about. You need a small grinding bit for it.

You can gauge it as you grind away... You need to take the upper edges out... and the inner curves on the side. That is what prevents it from sliding in. It's cake to do. Works well.

hey thanks man. i dont have a dremel but ill find something to replace it. like something to grind it off. hope this works!