Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Software update AFTER jailbreaking

Default Software update AFTER jailbreaking
    When i brought my itouch, i paid the 12.99 for the software upgrade, i know if i jailbreak i will lose the update. Does the installer program have these apps? I really do use the maps, mail and even the weather app a hell of a lot. So it would be nice to be able to get them back.

yes they will be there in the installer. after you add a source. i dont know off the top of my head, but i think you google ipodtouchmaster and look at his videos. one of them give a step by step to get them.

just back up the ipod and restore to the back up adnd u whould keep it
    always hit the thanks button

no signature spam/links... Thanks

Yes, you could do what Csho0415 is proposing you do, which is what I've done in the past, but I would do what Dragnandy says just b/c then you can get the SummerBoard Fix as well (although that is also included w/ the iPod Touched Source [I think], which you can get from the sources section of Installer). All in all, go w/ w/e you want.
    Give credit where credit is due, press "thank you"
    When all else fails, put it into restore mode!!!
    Remember, Google is your best friend. And so is YouTube!!!
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/How...ty_or_iLbertyX Enjoy the guide.

thanks guys, i'm going to use the ipodtouchmaster source, as i have been checking his videos on what to do. This should be fun, attempting to jailbreak at this very moment!

Awesome! 1st attempt didn't work, had a problem with the installer not showing the 1.1.4 apps, but i tried it on my laptop instead of pc and it worked, itunes lovingly restored the apps for me itself and now im just looking round here for some nice apps to add. and to learn more about how my new itouch works...
    Last edited by kid_tw1st; 2008-05-01 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Glad it worked for you! Some apps that I suggest that you get are BSD subsystem, OpenSSH, and BossPrefs. Also, I'd imagine that you would be able to find an app called TimeCapsule, after you install some sources from the sources section of installer. Thy are all pretty useful.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to doomsayer97 For This Useful Post:

kid_tw1st (2008-05-03)

I'm loving my new jailbroken ipod, i almost drained the battery today just messing about with Installer and seeing whats on there!
    I've already installed BSD subsystem, OpenSSH and Summerboard and Community Sources, and now TimeCapsule, which does look really handy.
    I am having some problems with Summerboard themes though, when i set a new theme, some of the icons won't change, like the Weather icon in the Vista-Firefox theme or the Milk Rippled theme. The Weather icons ARE in the package so i dont know why it wont change?

I saw a post on this same issue somewhere before in this forum, but I can't exactly recall how to fix it. I'll look it up and try to find out.

EDIT: OK, I found it. Here's what you need to do:

1. SSH into your iPod.
    2. Go to this directory:
    /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/
    copy it exactly!!
    3. Change everything in there to 777 or 755. This will make everything executable.
    4. Reload a theme, and now it should work.

Thanks to Wearmaize, too. He's the one that helped in a previous post w/ the solution.
    Last edited by doomsayer97; 2008-05-03 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Found the solution.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to doomsayer97 For This Useful Post:

kid_tw1st (2008-05-03)

Thanks doomsayer, there were a lot of posts about this, i just couldn't make sense of it, being new to it all. hopefully not for much longer!