Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: First Ipod - Stupid Question

Default First Ipod - Stupid Question
    I've never had an Ipod and neither have any of my friends. I heard that you can only put music that you have bought from itunes on an ipod. Is this true? I have a lot DL'd music that I want to use when I buy my ipod. If I can't use it, I'm not gonna get it. I know this is prolly basic to everyone here, but I just don't know that much about ipods. All I know is what I've learned the past week from this site. Much thanks to anyone who helps.

you can use all your downloaded songs =\

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ultimatexpka For This Useful Post:

That_Guy™ (2008-04-30)

Awesome. Thank you for the quick reply.

All the music you put in your iTunes library is usable on the iPod.

Just be sure to keep the original copy as iTunes isn't making a copy of all of your music.

So drag the song into iTunes and then into somewhere safe!
    I am Olim. We are Olim. And we just did this- together!

And for Wearmaize's way, make a My Music folder and put all of your music in there. Then, in iTunes, hit
    File/import
    and a popup should open saying what files to import. Navigate to your my music folder and open it. Then hit open again and it should all import into your iTunes library. If not, just drag and drop.
    Give credit where credit is due, press "thank you"
    When all else fails, put it into restore mode!!!
    Remember, Google is your best friend. And so is YouTube!!!
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/How...ty_or_iLbertyX Enjoy the guide.

First, u should have a folder for ur music in ur pc, and next, open up ur iTunes, import the music to iTunes from ur music folder (ctrl+o), remember, the format of ur music must be mp3 or m4a, if u have some wma or wav music, u may transfer them to mp3 or m4a format with iTunes itself, also, u may transfer the music by other tools, just like ImTOO Audio Encoder or sth, and then, u will find ur music in the library, so, connect ur iPod with ur pc, these music will add to ur iPod.

The tocuh I have now is my first ipod as well.

Also, contrary to publicly held belief there are no stupid questions. Just unanswered ones.

RE: Files.

I burn my MP3's, AAC's MP4's and so on to DVD once a year. Works great as a backup in the case of a HD failure. Stack of 50 4.5GB DVD's are cheap and when I consider all the time I spent in organizing my library, getting album art, editing ID3 tags and so on it makes me feel better to know that I have a mostly up to date backup available.

Default About stupid questions....
    Quote Originally Posted by Temetka View Post

Also, contrary to publicly held belief there are no stupid questions, just unanswered ones.
    He is right, except this is what I always say:

The only stupid question is a question that goes unasked. Feel free to ask questions, no matter how stupid. It might help someone else as well
    Give credit where credit is due, press "thank you"
    When all else fails, put it into restore mode!!!
    Remember, Google is your best friend. And so is YouTube!!!
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/How...ty_or_iLbertyX Enjoy the guide.

What you consider to be stupid isn't stupid. It's better to be safe than sorry.
    What is stupid is: "OMG I BRICKED MY IPOD FOR THE 5TH TIME HELP HELP!!!" when the same problem has been solved for countless other people. Search.

But something like that which most people know because they have had an iPod before isn't stupid. Trust me. I used to have trouble buying stuff from iTunes.
    I am Olim. We are Olim. And we just did this- together!

Hey, buddy, you don't be shy when you have a question, no matter how simple the question is, just ask. In this place, everybody who knows the answer will help you.

Hey, buddy, u may try xilisoft ipod rip, it could add all the music, movies & pics of ur pc to the iPod, and could also transfer the contents of ur iPod to ur pc, a nice backup tool.

Any music you have(CDs DVDs) If you have copyied DVDs on your computer you can put that it there too.