Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sound alert for mail.app

Default Sound alert for mail.app
    Mail.app plays a sound through the headphones when you recieve new mail. I wanted to know if anyone can think of a way to get the sound to play through whatever speaker plays the alarm sound for the alarm clock. I imagine this is possible but can't figure out how to do it. If anyone has any ideas I think it'd be cool to have audible sounds for new mail alerts that don't require head phones. Thanks.

I'm not 100% sure, but i believe that the 'speaker' you're referring to, is actually a piezo... It only makes a few types of noises, most of them just clicks...
    So i doubt it could do much to notify you of new mail, except maybe click a few times...

Could someone confirm this?

Clicks is fine too. As long as I could use one of the sounds that it can output as an alarm as an alert for my emails that would be great.

The speaker are lit 8bit sound so it really suck. I wold not put that into my speakers

If im not mistaken, wasn't the NES using 8 bit sound?

iPhone? More like MyPhone ankitsid's Avatar
    Thanks

i think that thatd be a wonderful idea
    i bought an itouch just like a day ago and now im just waiting for it to come in
    i used to have an iphone so i joined previouslyy

but i think that thats a great idea i wonder if it is actually possible and how hard itd be to do as a mod...?

Although I would love a audible notification from Mail.app (even a click, like when you type), you should check out "taskbar notification" on Installer.app, it puts a little envelope icon on your status bar that can be seen from any screen when you receive mail