Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Battery Life

Default Battery Life
    What is your guys normal battery life?
    After about 2 hours of music, mabey 20 minutes on the NES app, and a total of about 1 hour on other apps, and 15 minutes on Installer, Im seeing the 20% battery message... Anybody else have same problem?

Yeah your not the only one. I think the battery life somewhat sucks big time. I mean if I am just listening to music, I can go awhile. Videos I donno because I don't have videos. But when I am on the net or have the wifi enabled, boy its a power sucker. As for the games, well I play em occasionally but it to sucks a little power. I wonder if Apple knows about the battery consumption?

Vides can usually get you about 5 hours of battery life, while music (says Apple) will last 23 hours (or something like that). I am yet to have my battery last this long though, so I always keep my iPod plugged in.
    Give credit where credit is due, press "thank you"
    When all else fails, put it into restore mode!!!
    Remember, Google is your best friend. And so is YouTube!!!
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/How...ty_or_iLbertyX Enjoy the guide.

yea, i mean there are a lot of things of the ipod that can suck the life out of the battery, and there are solid reasons why the battery life drains so fast for the touch. but really, the battery life does suck, like it can be A LOT better than it is right now.

If it goes below this there might be a background process you need to kill. My batt went down from full - empty in 5 seconds! I restored my phone and it went back to normal.

ads

Quote Originally Posted by ads1230 View Post
    If it goes below this there might be a background process you need to kill. My batt went down from full - empty in 5 seconds! I restored my phone and it went back to normal.

ads
    ----

What do you mean by Background Processes that you might need to kill? You can view running processes on the iPod Touch? If so please explain how. I'm curious because if there is a way to kill processes, then there is a few that I want to run on bootup.

Well, there is a program that you can get from installer that will let you kill processes, but I forgot what its called
    Give credit where credit is due, press "thank you"
    When all else fails, put it into restore mode!!!
    Remember, Google is your best friend. And so is YouTube!!!
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/How...ty_or_iLbertyX Enjoy the guide.

Quote Originally Posted by doomsayer97 View Post
    Well, there is a program that you can get from installer that will let you kill processes, but I forgot what its called
    ----

I will have to check into that. Thanks

Try UtlCtl, or SysInfo.

Full to empty in 5 seconds flat? Thats impossible! power = energy = heat.... ur touch would be in flames! Thats even faster than a short circuit!

I say just a battery display error, it happens. But yeah, in general, touch battery life sucks even compared to the iPhone, which has a phone (and a larger battery)
    If you like or found helpful anything I have said, please click that nice little Thanks button!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ksong12 For This Useful Post:

jay130 (2008-06-11)