Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how do i move app?

Default how do i move app?
    like on the iphone, you just hold it and it shakes and you can move it. how do i do this for the ipod touch?

and is there a way to get some of the default apps from the iphone to the touch? like map, weather, ect.?

-can somebody give me some source adresses for the installer? to get more stuff? i dont know where to get some.

-not all the apps in the installer work for the touch right? like some are iphone only? how do i know which will be compliant with the ipod touch?
    Last edited by dragnandy; 2008-04-24 at 08:08 AM.

To get the iPhone apps, get ipodtouchmaster's source. Just do a simple google or youtube search for ipodtouchmaster. As for other sources, here's 3:
    blazeco.info/blaze.xml
    twenty08.com/installer
    iappcat.com/r/12868
    Most everything in installer is compatible w/ the iTouch. If it's not, it will say so in the app description.
    Give credit where credit is due, press "thank you"
    When all else fails, put it into restore mode!!!
    Remember, Google is your best friend. And so is YouTube!!!
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/How...ty_or_iLbertyX Enjoy the guide.

Thanks

Use iLiberty from 1.1.2. Bam, that easy.
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

when i use the summerboard, i can change most of the stuff except for the music and videos icon app. how do i change it?
    Last edited by dragnandy; 2008-04-25 at 02:19 AM.

Hold down your finger on any application. After a couple of seconds, all of the apps will start to "jiggle". Now you can drag them around and change their positions/screen locations.

i meant like change the icon, not like the position but the picture.

and also, is there a way to take away both music and videos, but add the ipod app from the iphone? like i dont use the videos and only music. like take away the music and video app, but add the ipod app. because when i use the dock app, i can see the ipod app.

To add then iPod icon and get rid of the Music and Video icons, add this source:
    ihacks.us/index.xml or allipod***.3host.biz/index.xml
    Then it should be like the first app in the list. Install that (the site has been known to be down quite often. If it doesn't work the first time, try later). As for the changing the icons thing, SSH into your iPod (I just put up a video on it on YouTube) and then go to The applications folder (I think, feel free to correct me anyone) and there should be a icon.png file for every app. Just replace that w/ whichever one that you want it to display.

gracias =]

and sometimes when i use capture or take a screenshot with the dock app, it doesnt go into my pictures folder. where does it go? when i did it with my iphone, it went to the pictures.

I can't really tell you anything about that, I only use screenshot apps that let me choose where they save.

which app is that?.

also, i want to try out customize app. but all i can find is the beta version. and for some reason, i cant open the app. it just goes to that chicken screen and goes back to the springboard. i have 1.1.4 also. i tried downloaded it manually and adding it to my phone using the iphonebrowser, but it wont work. how do i add apps manually using the iphone browser to my touch? i know its for iphones but it seems to work with my ipod touch. i want to know so i can do it manually for future apps i want to add on too.
    Last edited by dragnandy; 2008-04-26 at 05:29 AM.

I wouldn't suggest using the Screenshot on the Dock.app. Go to All Packages in Installer and look for an app called Screenshot. It lets you choose were you want to save the pictures and what type of file you want to save it as.

As for your Customize problem...

1. Uninstall the version of Customize beta you have right now.
    2. Go to the 1.1.3 Tweaks folder in Installer (Even though it says 1.1.3 it will work on 1.1.4 too)
    3. Download the SUID Fix
    4. Download Customize 2.0 Beta
    5. Restart iPod
    6. Enjoy your new Customize
    Last edited by cheezy; 2008-04-26 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yea, use Cheezy's method for the screenshot and getting customize fixed. But, you could get Modded Customize from the iPod Touched source. But, adding apps manualy through the iPhone browser is the same for both the iPod/iPhone. Just drag the app into the applications folder (or at least I thinkthats where they go) and they should be installed.

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

Dude, it's called "Get an iPhone." Lol, then you can call people.

iPhones are better than there little retarded brothers (iTouch)...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

why get an iphone when i already have an ipod touch?

@doomsayer: do you know exactly where it goes? because i tried simply adding it to the apps folder in the root of the ipod touch and it didnt work. it shows up on the spring board but does work.

i cant intall anything because it says, cannot connect to host. is that an internet problem or the source isnt up? and i cant find the SUID fix, maybe im missing the source? can you tell me that the source code is?

and now, i reinstalled the installer and stuff because i could not get the installer to work. and now it works, but all the apps i installed arent on the list. they still work on the touch, but dont show up. how would i uninstall those apps now?
    Last edited by dragnandy; 2008-04-27 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

if youre using "capture" and not"screenshot" to take snapshots on your ipod touch you need to download an app called "touchroll" i i believe it resides inthe ipod touched repository.....it just creates a camera roll folder within your photos app where all youre snapshots will be automatically saved....thats if youre using CAPTURE

16. The Following User Says Thank You to eddified For This Useful Post:

doomsayer97 (2008-04-28)

Hey, thanks eddified. That's the only thing that I didn't like about Capture is that I couldn't really access it that easily. But are you sure that it's called Touchroll, or that it's located in the iPod Touched source? I looked and I can't seem to be able to find it... As for you, Dragnandy, I don't really understand your first and third questions, so I can't really help you, but I got the SUID fix to work perfectly fine. It's in the Tweaks (1.1.3) folder. Maybe clear your queue? I don't really know what else could be wrong, b/c it's working fine for me.

thanks. i decided to just use screenshot like you suggested.

Go to sources and add: ipodtouchmaster . c o m/files/repo.xml and u get the jiggle and the stuff thats on the iphone like, stocks, maps, email etc.
    But atm iptmaster's site is down and deleted so u have to wait to it gets up again after a little fixing =)
    Last edited by solberg; 2008-04-30 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Why does .com words get cencored ? ******* www.********************