Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mail function with Outlook Express

Default Mail function with Outlook Express
    PROBLEM NOW SOLVED - Feel free to delete this thread.

Hi.

First things first, I have searched and not found the answer to this question so please don't kill me if it's already been answered!

I want to be able to use the Mail app on my iPod touch (the pre-installed one, I haven't jailbroken it or anything). I go onto iTunes, plug in my iPod, go to the Info tab, scroll down to Mail Accounts, tick "Sync selected mail accounts with", and select Outlook Express in the drop down menu.

I can do that.

My problem is, it's not showing up the mail account I want to sync onto my iPod. You see, I have four different identities on my Outlook Express program (shared computer), but only one of them is showing up in iTunes, meaning I've only got the option of syncing that one.

I want to be able to sync a different Outlook Express identity onto my iPod - how can I do it? Can it be done at all?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A screenshot of my problem can be found here: http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l3...lookoption.gif

note: I've also tried fiddling around with the settings on Outlook Express and found a button that says "Use this identity when a program cannot ask you to choose an identity" next to a drop-down menu. I tried selecting my one and then opening iTunes, but it still displays the wrong one.

Edit: PROBLEM NOW SOLVED!

Feel free to delete this thread!
    Last edited by wobgob; 2008-04-23 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi - can you tell me how you managed to resolve your issue with syncing Outlook Express and the wrong identity? I am having the same problem.

Thanks very much