Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: your opinion on customize 2.0

Default your opinion on customize 2.0
    i was just curious how customize 2.0 beta is different than the normal customize? is it worth the risk to install it and possibly have problems or should i wait for the final version. and when do you guys think the fixed customize will come out. just wondering.

i think one of the new feature which you are able to view the theme are great. however, im not a big fan of the new looking though. neither you cant change main slider in 2.0.

It's great, but it could've possibly been the reason why I had to restore my phone. It worked great and then my friend played with it (my phone) and it went crazy. It could've easily been something else that caused it, but after I re-jailbroke I also reinstalled Customize 2.0 because I think it's better than previous versions.
    iPwn.

Thanks
    Just for the record: sure you can change your main slider with Customize 2.0. If the main slider is included when loading a full theme it will change. But you can also download separate sliders, masks, wi-fi bars, bluetooth bars, etc, and change them individually.

The problems I have encountered is that to change themes, wifi bars, sliders, etc. I need to do it manually by SSHing and going to /System/Library/??/ and there is a place with like 100 files. Then just replace the files you want.

I love it though. All the themes are in one place and are rated. Plus you can mix and match themes however much you want.
    I am Olim. We are Olim. And we just did this- together!

Can Customize 2.0 work on 1.1.4? I tried it out once, but it wouldn't seem to work... Maybe it's 1.1.3 only?
    Give credit where credit is due, press "thank you"
    When all else fails, put it into restore mode!!!
    Remember, Google is your best friend. And so is YouTube!!!
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/How...ty_or_iLbertyX Enjoy the guide.

hey i also got a questions about customize. do you guys think its better than summerboard? because currently i use summerboard, but i think customize has a better stuff. can i use my summerboard themes on customize?

thats funny....i must be really lucky then. my 2.0 works great. the only thing thats glitchy for me is phone dial theme and a keyboard...everything else works like a charm....

yes, I have it on 1.1.4.

Also yes you can also use summerboard themes.

Yea just installed customize 2.0 yesterday. It looks nice, but I can't seem to download any of the full themes from customize. Maybe a reinstall would fix that?
    Give credit where credit is due, press "thank you"
    When all else fails, put it into restore mode!!!
    Remember, Google is your best friend. And so is YouTube!!!
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/How...ty_or_iLbertyX Enjoy the guide.

Angry ...
    well let's start off with the fact that due to customize beta I had to restore and jailbreak my iPod. It screwed my system images and more than anything gave anger and stress. Argh!!
    We are all slaves of time.

Quote Originally Posted by doomsayer97 View Post
    Yea just installed customize 2.0 yesterday. It looks nice, but I can't seem to download any of the full themes from customize. Maybe a reinstall would fix that?
    This used to be a problem with me, as some things would change but not always. Luckily, I have a solution.

SSH into your iPod and go to /System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard and change the permissions for the Springboard folder and everything inside it to 777. This gives Customize the ability to write over the default icons, batteries, wallpapers, etc.

Thank me if I helped.

Every now then customize will just quit on me.

I am apparently using the beta2. Is this a known issue and if so will stepping upto the full release (non-beta) solve the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Go into installer and install the SUID Lib fix.

Thank me if I helped.

Thanks

I have updated to 2.0 but when i press the Customize icon it just wont open!!!
    I have reinstalled more then 3 times but the problem remains!
    I see is not firmware compability issue, since i'm 1.1.4 and some of you have that working great.
    Anyone knows what can i do to solve this?

What do you mean by "won't open?" It crashes? Nothing happens when you tap the icon?

well thank all you guys for your help...mine works great i have the ninth beta version i think and as far as i can tell the only problem is that i might find a cool thing i like and download it and i go to put i t on my ipod and it isnt there but oh well maybe thats just normal, i think that this program has a lot of potential especially if more people put there cool ideas into the themes sections...cause i kno you all are very creative and motivated.

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

my opinion on customize 2.0? I like it alot.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jiggykilla's Avatar
    Thanks

2.0 is def better than the previous version! there's alot more options like downloading themes e.tc and its linked to summerboard aswell.
    it's a siccccccck App really!
    My Arrival Was Imminent!

love it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast