Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ipod keeps crashing randomly

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default ipod keeps crashing randomly
    This happened a couple of times on friday and a couple today...

I'm running 1.1.1 and it's only modded, not unlocked. Today, I started the ipod and then opened a text, this made the song stop playing, so I went back in and restarted it. I couldn't even hit home before it crashed again and kicked me out. this happened a couple more times and I did a soft reset. It happened a couple more times after it booted up, so I turned it off and on again and it worked after that.

What do you think the problem could be? I hope I don't have to do a restore...

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Do you have SummerBoard installed? If so, make sure the Dim Wallpaper option is set to Off.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Safari has this problem too.
    It seems that if you use it *blank* amount of time, it starts to crash often, and restarting almost always fixes it. =/

iPhone? More like MyPhone RC_OZ's Avatar
    Thanks

had same problem 2-3 times now.
    reinstalling from scratch again.
    i think its something with independence. not installing ssh from independence this time. see if problem goes away.

Green Apple
    Thanks

well. I did have that enabled in summerboard, so I turned it off. It hasn't done I'd afaik so let's hope that fixes it.

Default virgin iphone crashes too
    I noticed this problem on my modded, unlocked phone. Ask my wife who has a non-modded and non-unlocked iphone and she has had the problem after updating to 1.1.1 also. So i think it is a apple firmware glitch.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Okay. Its becoming more of a nuisance now. Today it did it in safari. It just crashed the first time and reset the springboard. Then every time I went back in it would keep crashing until I restarted it. This happened three times so far, so I unistelled summerboard to see if anything changes

Okay. Its becoming more of a nuisance now. Today it did it in safari. It just crashed the first time and reset the springboard. Then every time I went back in it would keep crashing until I restarted it. This happened three times so far, so I uninstalled summerboard to see if anything changes
    Last edited by Hurley; 2007-10-30 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

r u guys all on 1.1.1?

Yea i'm having the same problem too..with safari that is. It starts out fine then crashes until I restart the phone.

i had the same problem! i have 1.1.1 unlocked and jailbroken with ssh and the whole shabang...i checked my lockdownd file and for some reason it had the wrong permissions....(0600) so i changed them to the correct value of 0755 in winscp and now i'm running flawless! it just crashes on certin apps that arnt compat. with 1.1.1 (no brainer) hope this helps i'm running rogers in canada

11. The Following User Says Thank You to trumpjr For This Useful Post:

frahal (2007-11-10)

iPhone? More like MyPhone RC_OZ's Avatar
    Thanks

what directory is this lockdownd file ?

nevermind, found it. use squid to chmod it to 755. still no go for iphone.

iPod wouldn't run at all.
    Last edited by RC_OZ; 2007-10-30 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

turned off the dimmer and seems to work better for me (for now)!!! Thanks for the tip!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Is everyone that is having a problem like this running summerboard? I *EDIT* uninstalled it about a two days ago and just felt with iswitcher and the problem has ceased completely.

Anyone else wanna confirm?
    Last edited by Hurley; 2007-11-02 at 01:14 PM.

i'm having the same problem as well but it was working fine for couple times not it refuses to even open :-/ it opens to a blank white page freezes for a bit and shuts down

could it really be summerboard?