Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: noob question- please help me out

Default noob question- please help me out
    alright i have just re jailbroken my ipod touch using ziphone 3.0 and it is working great. by the way thank you to all the people who helped me on my safari issues thing it works all good now. i was just wondering if my ipod is supposed to have the wiggle feature after upgradeing to 1.1.4 cause it doesnt. i really want the wiggle feature thing cause customize is really wacky on 1.1.4. i dont want to have to install all the iphone apps just yet cause i have a feeling that is what screwed up my ipod the last time. is there any way or source that can get me the wiggle thing w/o having all the other stuff cause my understanding was that the wiggle thing was supposed to come with the 1.1.4 package, let me kno if im wrong and i hate the stupid dock on 1.1.4 any suggestions.

Well, the wiggle feature is not included with 1.1.4. I doubt that it was the iPhone applications that messed up your iPod, though, so you should be are installing those. Use ipodtouchmaster's source. You can easily it by google searching it. As for the dock, you should install nodded customize from the iPod Touched source. Then install some dock packs and change it with customize. Or, just install themebuilder (also found in the iPod Touched source) and then SSH into your iPod. Find a dock that you like, either by making one yourself, or take it from a theme in summerboard. Then put that dock into the themebuider dock folder and then load the theme from summerboard. You now have a different dock then that of the iPhone!
    Give credit where credit is due, press "thank you"
    When all else fails, put it into restore mode!!!
    Remember, Google is your best friend. And so is YouTube!!!
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/How...ty_or_iLbertyX Enjoy the guide.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to doomsayer97 For This Useful Post:

Samantha Roth (2008-04-20)

Thanks

ADD REPO: www.applerepo.com
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

Default freezing
    thanks you guys but now i have another problem, my ipod freezes all the time espeially when im typing. the only way to get my ipod to work again is to force restart it...is the only way to fix this to redo everything or is there an easy fix to this.

OK, you do have to rejailbreak your iPod (how many times have you done this now? lol). BUT!!!! After its been jailbroken, open up Contacts. Then, hit the + button to add a new contact. Then hit the tab that says First and Last Name. Now just type gibberish for about 10-30 seconds. Then hit cancel, then cancel. Now you should be back at the main contacts screen. Now hit the home button. Now you should be able to type w/o the iPod freezing up. I know it sounds weird, but it works for me everytime.
    Give credit where credit is due, press "thank you"
    When all else fails, put it into restore mode!!!
    Remember, Google is your best friend. And so is YouTube!!!
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/How...ty_or_iLbertyX Enjoy the guide.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to doomsayer97 For This Useful Post:

Samantha Roth (2008-04-20)