Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The All-Famous Song Skip

Default The All-Famous Song Skip
    First of all, I am happy to be a member of this modding community. My iPod Touch is modded and good to go.

However, one thing that bugs me is this: some songs skip to the next one without me doing any physical action towards the iPod. Sometimes, a song just stops audio playback and goes to the next one for no reason at all. I checked that song again and it plays perfectly when I fast forward the music to the point beyond where the song skipped.

I have found threads about this and many people seem to complain about it. They had some solutions but some say these do not get the job done:

1. Cold reboot
    2. Full restore and backup
    3. Erasing the whole iPod then resync
    4. Do not do anything when iPod is syncing
    5. Use a Mac or XP
    6. Jailbreak
    7. Replace

Please help a fellow member go through this trouble. I'm very sorry if I have troubled you guys but I need help fast. Is there any real solution to the song skipping problem? Thanks in advance.

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

check to see that you haven't limited the duration in the tag in itunes
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

i had this same problem when i had an ipod touch, but i have yet to have it on the iphone... the only way i have ever gotten rid of it was by restoring the ipod... i am sure that is the last thing you wanted to hear but even if i deleted all the songs off of it and then resynced it would do it again that same day

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I have had this problem and I just convert the song in itunes from mp3 to AAC and it works fine.

All are in AAC format and I already tried restoring it. There were no duration limits whatsoever too.