Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mail App keeps crashing!

Default Mail App keeps crashing!
    Hey everyone. I just wanted to know if anyone was having this issue and knew how to fix it. OK, I just jailbroke my iPod (for the who knows how many-ith time). It was successful, and I proceeded to restore from my backup. After that, I opened up mail. Then it crashed. For absolutely no reason. CRASHED. The rest of my iPod works fine, but mail doesn't. All of the other iPhone Apps work, but not mail. Thinking that this was just because of iPodTouchMaster's app, I uninstalled it (I had the service upgrade thing, stupid me XP) and I tried again. Same results. That time, I was on 1.1.4. So, thinking that there was an issue w/ the jailbreak, I jailbroke it again. This time using iLiberty+, instead of Modded ZiPhone (I used modded b/c that's what was on hand at the time). So, I downgraded to 1.1.3, and then I jailbroke again. Same thing happened. Does anyone know if there is like, a patch or something that I could install? Or am I doomed to never open up my mail from my iPod ever again? (Please let it be the former).
    Give credit where credit is due, press "thank you"
    When all else fails, put it into restore mode!!!
    Remember, Google is your best friend. And so is YouTube!!!
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/How...ty_or_iLbertyX Enjoy the guide.

Yes I had the same error. You need to SSH into your iPod and go under System/Library and find a mail .plist file and change its permissions. Really you could just change the whole System folder permissions to 755 and apply the changes recursively (throughout the whole subfolders). Then just reenter your mail account.

If I helped thank me
    I am Olim. We are Olim. And we just did this- together!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to wearmaize For This Useful Post:

doomsayer97 (2008-05-16)

Thanks

I don't know if you have solved your problem yet but you can try, SSH into your phone and delete your mail folder. Re-boot your phone and start your mail app and you should be good to go. You will have to re-enter all your info so make sure you have all the information for you email add's.
    If my 2 cents helped ya, Thank me by hitting the Thanks Button!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jb4 For This Useful Post:

doomsayer97 (2008-05-16)

OK, found an easier solution. Although both of your guys' solutions would've worked (I bet, didn't try them). All I did was install the iPhone Apps and I'm all good to go.
    Give credit where credit is due, press "thank you"
    When all else fails, put it into restore mode!!!
    Remember, Google is your best friend. And so is YouTube!!!
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/How...ty_or_iLbertyX Enjoy the guide.

Thanks

good to hear your problem resolved.
    If my 2 cents helped ya, Thank me by hitting the Thanks Button!

Just a note for the future, it's best to not restore from a backup in iTunes after pwning.etc, it broke my mail, and had to re 'pwn' to fix it. Just make it as a new iPhone/Touch.

okay, i'm having the same problem and tried all of the above and nothing worked... help!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnoy View Post
    Just a note for the future, it's best to not restore from a backup in iTunes after pwning.etc, it broke my mail, and had to re 'pwn' to fix it. Just make it as a new iPhone/Touch.
    yes, but then you have to redo ALL of your settings... which can take quite a bit of time.
    Last edited by billchase2; 2008-05-22 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad