Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Safari Issues!!!!

Default Safari Issues!!!!
    i cant even use my safari right now and im really bummed. my ipod touch was working fine and then all of a sudden the safari is broken. when i open it it immediately shuts off my ipod and redirects me to the unlock screen the only way i can get to the rest of my ipod is if i completely reboot it. please help nobody could solve the last post i did and i kno there are some smart guys out there so please help me i want to use my safari!!!

Well, if it's that serious, you may have to just re-jailbreak your iPod. It sucks, I know. But after about the 15th time (trust me) you kinda get used to this sorta thing. You should be aware right now (if you're not already) that there will be some issues with the iPod after jailbreaking it. I am having serious complications with mine, so I just backed up all my stuff and I am about to jailbreak it all over again. If you can't find a solution for it, then you'll probably have to re-jailbreak.

Thanks

Ha, I know what doom is saying. Just restore and rejailbreak from 1.1.1 then use iLiberty.
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

ughhh....if you guys have some kind of video to help me do it with iLiberty or whatever than dont hesitate, i have never heard of that. im jsut worried that its gonna be broken forever and has nothing to do with the jailbreaking, that would be bad some reassurance would be nice. i was just hoping there was a fix or something so i didnt have to jailbreak it all over again...oh well whatever works
    thanks so much the last guy told me there was no hope.

OK there is hope.
    In installer download and install the backup of the 1.1.x Safari.app.

Also if you can ssh i think the problem is that you need to change permissions in a certain .plist file in System/Library ...

Good luck, and thank me if I helped.
    I am Olim. We are Olim. And we just did this- together!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to wearmaize For This Useful Post:

Samantha Roth (2008-04-19)

I also am having a problem with mobile safari, not the same problem as samantha but I figure it post it here instead of starting a new thread. Anyways, the problem I am having is that Safari is not remembering the sites I go to, such as sites that require a login (even those that have to option to "remember me". I have checked the cookie settings and they are set to from visited. Any suggestions, thanks.

Yes you are not saving cookies properly.

I would give you the URL but I am on my iPod. Go to ipodtouchfans.com and run a search to fix cookies. A simple terminal command will fix it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to wearmaize For This Useful Post:

notredewey (2008-04-18)

Thanks a bunch!! I didn't realize so many people have also had this problem in the past. I tried searching for a few things regarding this issue but I guess I wasn't looking for the right thing. Thanks again for your time, I appreciate it.

no problem.

just resore and Jailbreak

Quote Originally Posted by kmac1622 View Post
    just resore and Jailbreak
    LOL he already fixed his problem.

Thanks

Well then "wearmaize" you don't have to post here anymore.
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!