Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod Touch not being recognized

Default iPod Touch not being recognized
    Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum. This is my first post. I just got my new touch and experiencing problems. My Computer or iTunes would not recognized my touch. In Windows Explorer it shows Apple Ipod with camera icon, I checked the device manager and it appears under Imaging Devices! Can't believe this!

I browse around other websites followed their guides. But still no progress. I'm getting depressed now. By the way when I connect my touch, Adobe Lightroom pops out! I uninstalled Lightroom, but still no changes

The version of my touch is 1.1.1

Please do help if anyone got solution for this.

Thank you.

Regards,
    Dave

Plug your USB cable directly into the computer, not via a hub and that will probably solve your problem. Not sure why, but I had the same problem when plugging it in via a hub. Was hit or miss, usually miss, as to if the computer recognized my touch as being plugged in. Since plugging it directly into a USB port on the computer I have had no issues.

If the post above mine doesn't help, you could always do the thing no body likes to do...

Hold in the home button and the power button your iPod, when the Apple logo appears, let off of the power button, but keep holding the home, this will put your iPod in recovery mode, iTunes should detect it after that...but you will sadly have to restore.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cheezy For This Useful Post:

trjdnaw (2008-05-01)

Quote Originally Posted by cheezy View Post
    If the post above mine doesn't help, you could always do the thing no body likes to do...

Hold in the home button and the power button your iPod, when the Apple logo appears, let off of the power button, but keep holding the home, this will put your iPod in recovery mode, iTunes should detect it after that...but you will sadly have to restore.
    I am having this EXACT same issue. been trying to fix it since day 1!
    Do I keep ipod touch plugged into computer when trying to restore?
    thanks

What ver. of itunes are you using?

Make sure u have an up-todate version

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MariJ For This Useful Post:

trjdnaw (2008-05-01)

Quote Originally Posted by trjdnaw View Post
    I am having this EXACT same issue. been trying to fix it since day 1!
    Do I keep ipod touch plugged into computer when trying to restore?
    thanks
    Yes plug it into your computer.

And no, you will not necessarily have to restore. Download ziPhone (ziphone.org) and when your iPod shows the connect to iTunes image (and itunes recognizes it), find the button that says "boot in normal mode" in ziPhone. It is under "Advanced" on a PC and under "Mode" on a Mac.

Hope I helped.
    I am Olim. We are Olim. And we just did this- together!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to wearmaize For This Useful Post:

trjdnaw (2008-05-01)

thank you all very much...I finally got it to work, but I had to use my son's laptop. I used the restore that cheezy posted but my computer still wouldn't recognize it.
    so I tried plugging into son's laptop and YEAh it worked! thanks for all your help!
    Now I don't have to throw it away.