Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to back up your apps?

Default How to back up your apps?
    Hey everyone. Over the past couple of days, my iPod has been acting very strange. Recently (today), when I try to open up Installer, It always freezes when refreshing the sources. Only installer. It just won't refresh the sources anything past halfway through the load bar thing. So, I've been wanting to restore it. The only problem is that I have a LOT of applications and things on it. Is there any way to back those up? Like, put them onto my computer and then restore them and then load them back on? Cause I don't wanna restore it just to have to reinstall all of my applications again....

Thanks

If you have SSH installed, just SSH in, and drag all the apps onto your computer. Once you've restored, install SSH again, and place the apps back. They're located in /Applications. I'm not sure if the permissions will be correct, though - if not, just set them all to 0775.

- John

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

John is correct. You will not be able to back up and SSH apps on to the phone that require BSD subsystems though.

OK, thanks guys. Just curious though, why can't I back up apps that require BSD subsystems?