Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod touch freezes

Exclamation iPod touch freezes
    For the past three days or so my iPod touch 1.1.3 has froze a couple of times. When this happens, the apps open but once in the app the application does not respond to touch or scroll. I can "slide" thru the app windows in the springboard. When I double tap the home button to bring up the iPod music player shortcut, I am also able to press and change from song to song and adjust volume. It takes lots of time to load after having to restart the iPod.

Anyone going thru the same??

Thanks

Nope, try restoring to fix your problem.
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

I had the exact same issue. I had to restore my iPod to fix it. After that, it should work practically like it was supposed to (before the jailbreak). Obviously it will take a little while to boot up, because you have a lot of apps to load up. Just restore it. And, if you wanna be extra cautious, after you jailbreak it, open up the contacts app, click the + button, and then type gibberish for 10 seconds. Then go back to the contacts main screen and then press home. Now your iPod should work just fine.

Good to know im not the only one. Let me tell ya something guys, i tried the combination used to put your ipod to restore or recovery mode (home and power pressed at the same time...blah blah) then i restarted the ipod and luckly enough that solved the problem. I did NO restore.
    We are all slaves of time.

Same thing happened to my friend a day ago. I told him to SSH into his iPod and delete Ants and Dock.

After he did that it worked fine.