Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: File Access problems

Default File Access problems
    Hi there,

So I have been having a lot of problems accessing my files on my iPod touch. Using different apps (smartftp, winscp, total commander, iphone browser, etc...) I get different views, but none of them show everything. I am using firmware version 1.1.3, and have the newest installer that automatically installs openSSH. Is there something else i am missing or doing wrong. I have been looking all over for help, everyone makes it look easy but I cant figure it out.

Thanks

Yep I got them too. It all came instelled when I did the jailbreak with Ziphone

iPhone? More like MyPhone D3VIL™'s Avatar
    Thanks

I guess I don't know exactly what your trying to say?? What do you mean you get diff views but don't see everything??

If you found anything I said/did useful, please click on the Button

Sorry I didnt make it very clear. When I use smartftp and winscp I can see etc and var/then a bunch of things in var including root. when I go to root I can only see library which shows installer , lockdown and preferences, but thats it for root. If I use total commander with t-pot I can see Apps, DCIM, Itunes Control and com.apple.itunes. Apps and DCIM have nothing and if I try to add a folder to apps it cant. itunes_control has stuff in it but nothing important. Sorry if this is still really confusing, if you still have questions let me know and I will try to clarify.

Thanks

When in Winscp, you have to click on root in the window right below the window that says "Default" and the lightning bolt. You want "/<root>" to be displayed. That should do it.

You are a genius! thank you. Something so simple yet I never read about it mentioned anywhere. Would this work with firmware 1.1.4 by any chance?

Thanks again

Thanks

Yes, I'm running 1.1.4

Thanks

To access SMB themes, etc. var/root/mobile
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!