Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Where do I find the Toush directory to install stuff??

Default Where do I find the Toush directory to install stuff??
    Hey all,

I have jailbreaked my touch and would like to install games, themes etc.

How do I get to the directories to install them?? I can't work out how to do it??

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Kerri

iPhone? More like MyPhone xfsasx's Avatar
    Thanks

what operating system?

Mac, I have installed the ssh stuff and cyberduck but now i can't connect it, lots of banking of head going on! hehehehe

not 100% on how to go about that on the mac, because i have yet to acquire one.

The idea is the same though, irrespective of OS. as long as SSH and SFTP are set up on the iTouch, you should be able to connect. In a Terminal window, the command 'ssh <ipofipod>' should get you connected, then using the standard user/pass combo of 'root' and 'alpine' respectively, you can open a terminal. That should allow you to check if sftp is running, but i'm not sure which command you'd use to do this. Any ideas?

Otherwise the command 'scp' in the terminal will let you know how to go about copying files etc.
    '/Applications' is the folder that you want to copy the apps to using scp or sftp. Whatever is in the Applications folder shows up on the springboard. I use WinSCP to copy apps personally, but obviously that isn't on OS X, so it won't help much.

Hope the rest is somewhat useful though.