Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod Touch car intergration

Default iPod Touch car intergration
    I'm thinking about buying something like this. But all of the car interfaces do not say they are iPod Touch compatible. Is th e Touch pretty much standard? I remember hearing that the iPhone was not compatible with some older accessories, so does this carry over or not true?

Thanks,
    Tony.

I'm not sure, but I do know if you have auxillary av inputs you can take a red/white-headphone plug and do it that way. Another word of advice, if you want to watch video from your device on your tv youll need an iPod av composite cable. Not the regular iPod av setup I dropped a $100 on the dock and av only to find out it doesn't work for video with the touch. BTW if that doesn't help call apple and ask for a list of compatible devices. 1800myapple I think.
    I would have my URL here so you could hear our music but apparently that's sig spam. WTF?

Hey Man,

I actually bought that a few months back maybe 2 months back for my car, I have a 350z, It works great. Just make sure that you get the one that is meant for your ride. Also, find it online and take it to a place to get it hooked up, you'll get the best price that way.

Read the instructions as well. It has two switches one which has to be turned off for you to be able to just use playlist regularly through you touch and buttons on the stereo like skipping songs, etc...
    It works great with the Ipodtouch and the Iphone, both which at some point have been hooked up to my car and it picked up both just fine. I would recommend it. Good luck,man.

So would song information be displayed on the deck?
    I would have my URL here so you could hear our music but apparently that's sig spam. WTF?

No, when ever its playing from the ipod on the deck its always playlist 6, You have full control of your ipod though. Play video, music, etc...and you hear through your car speakers.

thats interesting