Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem With mail

Default Problem With mail
    Ok, Copied all the correct bundles, app and framework to the correct location from the 1.1.1 iphone, now....... I set the account , it verifies , when I go to the mail app, I get a white framed out screen for about 10 seconds and then it automatically goes back to the main screen. Any suggestions on getting the MobilMail.app working?

. Run the command while connected to your iTouch via SSH " chmod -R a+x /Applications/* "

also realized need to go from terminal
    ssh root@[ip]
    password: alpine

then
    chmod -R a+x /Applications/*
    and restart, works perfect now!
    Last edited by johnalex731; 2007-10-15 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by johnalex731 View Post
    Ok, Copied all the correct bundles, app and framework to the correct location from the 1.1.1 iphone, now....... I set the account , it verifies , when I go to the mail app, I get a white framed out screen for about 10 seconds and then it automatically goes back to the main screen. Any suggestions on getting the MobilMail.app working?

. Run the command while connected to your iTouch via SSH " chmod -R a+x /Applications/* "

also realized need to go from terminal
    ssh root@[ip]
    password: alpine

then
    and restart, works perfect now!
    I am having the same problem.
    I went into the root with WINSCP after that you lost me.
    I dont understand what you mean by: then

I went into the Applications folder but saw nothing close to whatever the above mentioned was.

I an new at this stuff and wanting to learn.

Thanks

When you say "via SSH" can you be more specific?

SSH (secure shell) is a method many people use to 'tunnel in' to their *nix boxes. In this case, its used as a remote 'command prompt' of sorts to run certain commands on the iPod Touch or iPhone.
    When we say 'via SSH', it means logging on to the iPod/Phone using an ssh client and running commands from a text based shell.

Thanks

jamier is completely correct. I ran into this problem too when i first did it, but I was confused by the SSH. After reading a little more into it I came to find out that it's pretty basic if you are just doing this. If you enter the info just as directed (since you seem to have found out what to put in) you won't notice any change right away, but once back in the iPod it will work just fine. I thought there was another line of code too, but I may be mistaken on that.

Proud to be an Apple user since 1990... at the age of 4.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the tips! This also fixes Stocks and Weather that were exhibiting similar problems.
    Last edited by Manalishi; 2007-11-18 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manalishi View Post
    Hey guys,

Thanks for the tips! This also fixes Stocks and Weather that were exhibiting similar problems.
    that happened to me, you must make sure you have the STOCK 1.1.2 firmware apps, and not those from a previous version. (asuming you are running 1.1.2) I backed everything up, and transfered everything, and these apps did not work. Make sure to only use the apps for those that 1.1.2 comes with.

1.1.1 or 1.1.2

www.mailcoaster.com

Usefull and beautiful

Thanks!