Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best media converter..?

Default Best media converter..?
    i just got a touch couple days ago... played around with it, pretty cool, i was wondering wats the best coverter to convert video files to mp4... i use xilisoft video converter 3.. doesnt work that well.. sometime the video dont work, sometime there is no sound.. and its slow too... can anyone recommand me a good converter. thx alot!

I use videora iphone converter, it will work for ipod touch as well. Google it. Pretty sure its free.

er.. videora is really slow.. takes like 3h to covert a 2h movie.. any other thoughts?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by replicat0r View Post
    er.. videora is really slow.. takes like 3h to covert a 2h movie.. any other thoughts?
    The best converter is iTunes. Feed your video into the iTunes library, right-click on it and select "Convert selection for iPod/iPhone"
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

I am using Switch, its a fine piece of software doing its job good and fast.

Recommended.
    If I could help you with my answer give me a

I use Techsmith Camtasia Studio 5, it doesn't convert every file but it does everything I want to convert, especially .avi to ,mp4.

k.. i will try the apps above.. im currently using xilisoft psp video converter.. does a good job.. but the max setting i can have is 320x280... if i change it, it doesnt work..

and itune does not import my files...

visual hub is the best
    but you have to be on a mac of course

http://www.movies2iphone.com/
    amazziiinnnggg
    supports so many formats including flv (youtube)

Thanks

iTunes is the best because it is the program that is made for the iPod.
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

iTunes dosn't support very many formats. I tried a simple HDtv AVI file, and it basically gave me the middle finger.

Quote Originally Posted by wedgen View Post
    iTunes dosn't support very many formats. I tried a simple HDtv AVI file, and it basically gave me the middle finger.
    hahaha, so tru, all of the apple **** has middle fingers build in, thats y i dont like ipod ****.. the only reason i have a touch is cause its like a mini computer.. the sound quality is soooo crap compare to my samsung p2.. but its got wifi and a bunch of other stuff to compensate for it, so im alright. i found the coverter i was loooking for, its called PodMe by one of the developers for itouch, he released it in ipodtouchfan.com , one of the best coverter i seen, better then that xilisoft ****

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wedgen View Post
    iTunes supports any format that Quicktime supports. PC users usually fail to take advantage of this by not bothering to install Quicktime plugins because Windows Media player uses its own. I can convert an HD AVI without any hassle. The only thing iTunes can't convert is WMV, because MS likes to keep it nice and proprietary.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Visual Hub is my favorite.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by replicat0r View Post
    hahaha, so tru, all of the apple **** has middle fingers build in, thats y i dont like ipod ****.. the only reason i have a touch is cause its like a mini computer.. the sound quality is soooo crap compare to my samsung p2.. but its got wifi and a bunch of other stuff to compensate for it, so im alright. i found the coverter i was loooking for, its called PodMe by one of the developers for itouch, he released it in ipodtouchfan.com , one of the best coverter i seen, better then that xilisoft ****
    Hey, we don't need that kind of crap here.
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!