Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tim Cook's Reasoning Behind Discontinuing the iPod Classic

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Tim Cook's Reasoning Behind Discontinuing the iPod Classic

For those of you who didnít already know, we reported last month that Apple had quietly removed its iPod Classic products from the online store without announcing anything before doing so. During its recent panel at the WSJD Live conference however, Apple CEO Tim Cook explained for the first time why it was finally time to remove the product. The classic iPod was what brought popularity to Apple many years ago.

According to Cook, certain parts for the device were no longer available and it didnít make sense to engineer a new one as demand for it was low. Cook stated:

We would have to make a whole new product. The engineering work to do that would be massive. The number of people who wanted it is very small.
    The last time an upgrade even came to the iPod Classic was back in 2009, which was a good 5 years ago but the physical parts had been untouched for 6 years. For those still interested in purchasing an iPod, can now choose between the companyís three iPod models- iPod shuffle, Nano, or Touch. One major difference however, are that the new iPods max at 64GB of memory whereas the classic iPods maxed out at 160GB.

Source: Engadget

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dranon's Avatar
    Thanks

SO make an ipod with 128gb!! The iphoen has it now why not? It would be close enough to the 160gb.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dranon For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-10-28)

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dranon View Post
    SO make an ipod with 128gb!! The iphoen has it now why not? It would be close enough to the 160gb.
    I was begging for a 128GB iPod touch 6.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by Dranon View Post
    Better still, just let us expand the memory with SD cards. Of course, then they wouldn't be able to charge the overinflated prices for the memory upgrades any more.

Thanks

I still use my classic from time to time. I would love a 128GB iTouch!

160GB classic is still how I get my jams in the car. You could buy them anywhere a few months ago, now they've gotten scarce. I bought a new one on they day it was discontinued.

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    I was begging for a 128GB iPod touch 6.
    I'm actually surprised they didn't show off an iPod touch 6+ ....then again that's just be the iPad nano wifi edition I guess

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tjELITE For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-10-28)