Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Windows] How to Jailbreak iPod Touch 1G & 2G Firmware 3.0 with RedSn0w

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrAwesome116 View Post
    but i bought the 3.0 update from itunes. do i have to buy it again.
    no no no lol. do the second part of my previous paragraph lol. open up the search from the windows tab, change the paramaters to the entire C drive instead of just documents and blah blah, type ipod in the keyword to search for and it will be somewhere in the list of ipod related stuff that comes up.

oh and another thing i reccomend using redsn0w 0.8 cause when i used 0.7.2 it worked but the next day i was downloading stuff from cydia and my ipod went nuts and went into recovery mode. i mighta downloaded a bad file or somethin but idk, after using 0.8my ipod has been working like a charm . hopefully this one helps lol. if not then PM me.
    "the duck refused medical attention" reported local police.

Quote Originally Posted by flaviocontreras View Post
    This is for anyone that is having problems finding their ispw folder after updating to 3.0 software for vista or xp.

Using XP or Vista. you need to open "My Computer"

XP - go to the top menu and slect options > Folder Options

Vista - Top left button that says Organize > Folder and Search Options

In that window you need to click the " VIEW " tab on top.

NEED TO SELECT

" SHOW HIDEN FILES AND FOLDERS "

Then unclick the option to " hide protected operating system files "

Once that's done click "apply" then ok and exit out of the window.

then go to this dir

users > "USERNAME" > appdata > roaming > apple computer > itunes >

and the folder holding the downloaded file will be there
    THAT was exactly what I needed to know, I was going insane looking for those folders. Thanks!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JamesRiot For This Useful Post:

kevin.e.white (2009-09-03)

Jomann i have the EXACT SAME PROBLEM. word for word. i have x64 vista home premium and it doesn't work. manual restart doesn't work, automatic restart doesn't work. it just doesn't work . i don't have any other computer. i guess i'm just screwed.

hi there..im using itouch 3..it seems it doesnt work for me..
    help me pls..thanks in advance

just got my 2gen itouch and this was my first successful jailbreak thanks cody for the great guide gonna go play with my new 3.0 f/w now

Hmm i cant find the firmware file on my PC im running vista 32

vista 64b acted up...XP/redsn0w .8 worked first time flawless.
    Thanks for the efforts.

it doesn't say app data anywhere when i go to my username. wtf why isn't it there??

alright, i downloaded FW3.0 for my cousin's iTouch, and ran the file. Everything downloaded, and now i'm stuck on "waiting for reboot"...is there a way to get this to work on Vista x64? I' don't have any other computers.

thanks

I have looked at so many ways to jailbreak my ipod touch.... most of them involve a shitload of backstepping and redoing and rjgpeowrjgpoerjgpoej!!! I've ALWAYS put it off, and then I decided to look into it hoping it would be more advanced than over a year and a half ago.

By golly. Thank you so much. SO EASY.

After the jailbreaking process, can I restore my contacts etc. and apps from the itunes backup?

don't worry i answered that question myself!

100% succesful jailbreak, cept the first time everything was ok, and after the process finished my ipod didnt turn back on Restarted redsnow and repeated the process and it worked
    Last edited by nyska; 2009-08-13 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i keep getting stuck on waiting for reboot.. wat to do? pl help??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sid_iPhone` View Post
    i keep getting stuck on waiting for reboot.. wat to do? pl help??
    Before you started the jailbreak process did you restore your ipod to a fresh 3.0? If you didnt then that is most likely your problem.

Cydia stopped working so I have to rejailbreak

So restore, redsn0w and then can I restore my backup data?(I've backed-up since jailbreaking)

so i'm having problems, and i see only a few people posting the problem. i have a 2G ipod touch, that i upgraded to 3.0, i jailbroke it on windows using redsn0w. im having a problem loading anything that has to do with wifi, safari cannot get a signal, my wifinder crashes, and cydia cannot connect, or times out, its really pissing me off, is there an upgraded redsn0w? or is anyone having this problem?!?!?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ragnasian View Post
    so i'm having problems, and i see only a few people posting the problem. i have a 2G ipod touch, that i upgraded to 3.0, i jailbroke it on windows using redsn0w. im having a problem loading anything that has to do with wifi, safari cannot get a signal, my wifinder crashes, and cydia cannot connect, or times out, its really pissing me off, is there an upgraded redsn0w? or is anyone having this problem?!?!?
    restore it and jailbreak it with redsn0w 0.8 instead of a 0.7 version, and see if that works.

thanks. Now the great fun begins.

tried that, i guess its not the jailbreak thats having issues, because i "downloaded" the 3.0 update, i tried restoring it with that restore .ispw and before re-attempting to jailbreak i checked the wifi and i got the same issue. im guessing i got a sketchy download?? im going to find another source, besides that anyone having the issue?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast