Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ITS BEEN PWNED!!!!! | Release of PwnageTool OSX + Windows

Quote Originally Posted by Linux4me View Post
    Are u goin to use the mac version of pwnage or winpwn? Need to know before I can answer you question. But really basically no matter what one you use just update your firmware to 1.1.4 no jailbreak nothin like that unless you are using another carrier but still you can run bootneuter and what ever to unlock the phone. Throw more info at me I can get u up and running
    I'm on a Mac, so I'd be using the Mac pwnage. Also, I'm going to need to unlock as I'm on a different carrier. As well, I'd like to have it jailbroken so I can use 3rd party apps.

When you say to "just update your firmware to 1.1.4". are you saying to just use the straight up iTunes firmware upgrade to 1.1.4? I thought that would brick a jailbroken/unlocked phone?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

press option and click restore and select 1.1.4 firmware restore .ipsw (you need to download this first if you don't have it)

it doesn't brick your phone. it just brings your phone back to factory settings

Quote Originally Posted by jtesnani View Post
    press option and click restore and select 1.1.4 firmware restore .ipsw (you need to download this first if you don't have it)

it doesn't brick your phone. it just brings your phone back to factory settings
    So I just use the "1.1.4 firmware restore .ipsw" that is mentioned in the PwnageTool Guide? Pressing option "restore" in iTunes?

http://www.modmyi.com/wiki/index.php...e_Guide_PWN_It

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

yes, and once your phone is on 1.1.4, you can use pwnage to pwn your phone

oh i just saw that you're at 1.0.2. you should probably revirginize your phone first. i read that depending on your method of unlock while on 1.0.2, like you said, you may brick your phone if you upgrade without revirginizing. you can refer to i.unlock.no for more information on how to revirginize. you may also be able to use ziphone for revirginizing but i'm not 100% certain on that

where do you get a user name and password to put in?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

username and password for what?

page "2" after you save you custom .ipsw. The instrustion say the Pwnage tool will start the process of creating a custom Ipsw."When it asks for your user name and password type it and select ok"

where do you get this?

yes, and once your phone is on 1.1.4, you can use pwnage to pwn your phone

oh i just saw that you're at 1.0.2. you should probably revirginize your phone first. i read that depending on your method of unlock while on 1.0.2, like you said, you may brick your phone if you upgrade without revirginizing. you can refer to i.unlock.no for more information on how to revirginize. you may also be able to use ziphone for revirginizing but i'm not 100% certain on that
    Ok, so I restored to the 1.1.4 firmware and I'm following the Pwnage guide and I've successfully made it to the step where you have to boot iTunes and restore to the custom 1.1.4 firmware. However, instead of getting this screen
    http://www.modmyi.com/images/pwnagetool/pwn14.png

I'm getting a screen that says:
    "The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported."

I can't seem to get to the screen to restore....do I have to put the AT&T SIM in to do this?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imbuggin View Post
    page "2" after you save you custom .ipsw. The instrustion say the Pwnage tool will start the process of creating a custom Ipsw."When it asks for your user name and password type it and select ok"

where do you get this?
    you have a mac, correct? it's your username and password for your mac, like how it always asks you for a password when you install an update, etc

Quote Originally Posted by iJuice View Post
    Ok, so I restored to the 1.1.4 firmware and I'm following the Pwnage guide and I've successfully made it to the step where you have to boot iTunes and restore to the custom 1.1.4 firmware. However, instead of getting this screen
    http://www.modmyi.com/images/pwnagetool/pwn14.png

I'm getting a screen that says:
    "The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported."

I can't seem to get to the screen to restore....do I have to put the AT&T SIM in to do this?
    you need to put your phone in recovery mode so itunes detects it in recovery and asks you to restore
    Last edited by jtesnani; 2008-04-18 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jtesnani For This Useful Post:

imbuggin (2008-04-18)

you need to put your phone in recovery mode so itunes detects it in recovery and asks you to restore
    I believe it is in recovery mode. It's the screen that looks like the usb cable and itunes logo and the slide for emergency slider.

Is that not the recover mode? If not....how to I put it into recovery?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

that's not recovery mode. once you pwn your iphone, it actually doesn't automatically put your phone back into recovery mode. you have to do it manually.

with your phone plugged in and itunes open, press both the sleep/wake button and the home button until the phone turns off and back on. once you see the apple logo, let go of the sleep/wake button but continue to hold home until you see the usb and itunes logo WITHOUT slide for emergency. itunes then should detect your phone in recovery

I successfully restored my 1.0.2(unlocked/jailbroken) iPhone to 1.1.4.(clean)
    I then started to follow the steps for iPwnageTools and I get to the step where I run iPwner and as the txt is scrolling on the iphone screen it stops at the line "autopwn loading" or something and then it says something about disk mount failed and it reboots.

I've tryed continuing on in the steps but during the custom restore it says its unable to restore.

PLEASE HELP! What have I done!?

Update - I've tried restoring back to clean 1.1.4 and trying again and still does the same thing during the iPwner stage.

Can anyone help?
    Last edited by iJuice; 2008-04-18 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    im sorry if this question has already been answered earlier in this thread or a previous one, but after pwning your iphone/ipod touch and building a custom ipsw and applying it to your iphone/ipod touch, can you build a second custom ipsw and update through itunes without losing your apps? thanks

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

huh no

thanks for all the infos guys
    No spam!!!!!!

Question for you all-- If I have pwned a 1.1.4 OOB iphone. (I live in UAE) but I'm moving back to the USA soon, can I "unpwn" my iPhone and switch over to an unlimited AT&T plan and go legit? Or have I been locked out of that?

thanks,
    chris

Quote Originally Posted by ctbritt View Post
    Question for you all-- If I have pwned a 1.1.4 OOB iphone. (I live in UAE) but I'm moving back to the USA soon, can I "unpwn" my iPhone and switch over to an unlimited AT&T plan and go legit? Or have I been locked out of that?

thanks,
    chris
    Chris,
    You are not under any contract with AT&T presently. So you can do any plan with any carrier in the US using your Iphone. That would include Pay as you go plans. You might need to get a new SIM card and phone number assigned.
    Some people change when they see the light, others when they feel the heat.

Well, I have the original American SIM that came with the card. (Bought the iphone new in SF and had it shipped to UAE.) When I get to the states, can I pop the original SIM and sign up for AT&T and get the unlimited data plan and visual voice mail? The plan is quite important to me, the visual voice mail, not so much.

thanks,
    chris

I downloaded everything fine, ran the program, but after the ipwner step. when it reboots. it doesn't go back to the itunes screen, it just reboots itself. it has the new symbol, but doesn't go to itunes screen.

can anybody help thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ctbritt View Post
    Well, I have the original American SIM that came with the card. (Bought the iphone new in SF and had it shipped to UAE.) When I get to the states, can I pop the original SIM and sign up for AT&T and get the unlimited data plan and visual voice mail? The plan is quite important to me, the visual voice mail, not so much.

thanks,
    chris
    If you want the Visual Voice mail (which only works with iPhone), then you will have to let them know that you want Plan for iPhone and you will be stuck in a 2-year contract. If VVM is not important to you then just call at&t and just say you already have a phone and would like to sign-up for whatever plan you want and also the data plan. They may charge you $5 for the new Sim but once you get the new Sim pop it into your unlocked iPhone and away you go, with no contract.

Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast