Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ITS BEEN PWNED!!!!! | Release of PwnageTool OSX + Windows

Quote Originally Posted by agrijag View Post
    Hi All.

I just read thru 43 pages of messages, but didn't see anyone else with the problem I'm having. I've made a custom version of 1.14 useing pwnage tool, and it seems to work fine, but for some reason I can't see either Installer.app or BootNeuter.app both of which ARE in fact installed on the phone. Using iFuntastic I'm able to get it to display all the installed apps, but it has it's own problems (the iFuntastic program that is). So is there any other way to make Installer.app and BootNeuter.app to show on the iPhone? And I read somewhere else in the thread somebody answered that their question had already been answered, but didn't give a reference to where. I mean with a 43 page long thread it would be nice to be given maybe a page number, or something like that. Thanks everyone!
    i also had a similar issue when but i put my phone in restore mode and did a restore thorugh itunes both the application were there

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by agrijag View Post
    Hi All.

I just read thru 43 pages of messages, but didn't see anyone else with the problem I'm having. I've made a custom version of 1.14 useing pwnage tool, and it seems to work fine, but for some reason I can't see either Installer.app or BootNeuter.app both of which ARE in fact installed on the phone. Using iFuntastic I'm able to get it to display all the installed apps, but it has it's own problems (the iFuntastic program that is). So is there any other way to make Installer.app and BootNeuter.app to show on the iPhone? And I read somewhere else in the thread somebody answered that their question had already been answered, but didn't give a reference to where. I mean with a 43 page long thread it would be nice to be given maybe a page number, or something like that. Thanks everyone!

have you tried changing the property to 755 or 777 as long with all other applications??? thats worked for me
    check out my youtube page (hint search my username here without the first "t")

i have read all 43 pages of the thread, and im looking for a quick answer since it wasnt clear.....If i pwn the phone, and its working fine and dandy.....could i return to completely stock phone if i RESTORE with a 1.1.4 firmware thats not customized with itunes? Making it as if it was never pwnd?

thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Otacon132 View Post
    i have read all 43 pages of the thread, and im looking for a quick answer since it wasnt clear.....If i pwn the phone, and its working fine and dandy.....could i return to completely stock phone if i RESTORE with a 1.1.4 firmware thats not customized with itunes? Making it as if it was never pwnd?

thanks
    octacon,

yes you could by simply clicking the restore button
    it would be as it it never was pwnd
    thank me if you want

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ttocash122 For This Useful Post:

Otacon132 (2008-04-13)

Quote Originally Posted by Otacon132 View Post

thanks
    yes you can. You need to use the orginal 1.1.4 ipsw that apple gave out not the custom one. That will get rid of pwnage too so if u want to do a custom ispw then you have to pwn your phone again

ttocash122 dman great minds do think alike. Only downside I right now viewing mmi on my iPhone. So I can't only type so fast my dam t3 connection is down so can't use my Internet
    Last edited by Linux4me; 2008-04-13 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

cout << "When you think OS think Linux. The OS of Champions."

thanks for clearing that up

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Linux4me View Post
    yes you can. You need to use the orginal 1.1.4 ipsw that apple gave out not the custom one. That will get rid of pwnage too so if u want to do a custom ispw then you have to pwn your phone again

ttocash122 dman great minds do think alike. Only downside I right now viewing mmi on my iPhone. So I can't only type so fast my dam t3 connection is down so can't use my Internet
    yeah dude haha we do hey you have an aim sn or something?

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

win pwn release soon!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lillewis51 For This Useful Post:

morgan1234 (2008-04-15)

Quote Originally Posted by ttocash122 View Post
    yeah dude haha we do hey you have an aim sn or something?
    nope I could dl one I spend most of my time on Linux. When I'm on windows I use the one from myspace which that's address to myspace.com/linux4me. I coulld run aim on Linux it might run better than the windows version. Ill keep u informed cause I like your you tube vids

Quote Originally Posted by lillewis51 View Post
    win pwn release soon!
    how soon..........................?
    2.0 beta 8 5a345 ATT LOCKED

im staying up until 12 tonight. that's it. It better come out until then.

im waiting til 12 but then again it could be out around 3am. 3am my time in NY. Who knows. But i'll wait around and see and hopefully it would be out soon.

Please, i already asked for help but no one seems to know what should i do.
    When i'm trying to create a custom 2.0 firmware (5A225c) i get an error, specifically this error ( Detaching root filesystem from '/Volumes/Vail5a225c.iPhoneDeveloperBundle'.
    2008-04-14 13:59:24 - FAIL)
    This is what i tried to do : go to finder, "go to folder" /volumes/ deleted the volume, tried again and it failed.
    So i deleted PWN, download it again, and nothing..same error. So what am i to do? Why doesn't PWN work? any idea? nobody else has encountered this?
    I have no problem pwning my phone, or building an custom 1.1.4, just the 2.0 beta
    Please help, at this point any advice would be great because this is driving me crazy,
    Thanks,

Default Bad firmware
    Quote Originally Posted by mirceahr View Post
    Please, i already asked for help but no one seems to know what should i do.
    When i'm trying to create a custom 2.0 firmware (5A225c) i get an error, specifically this error ( Detaching root filesystem from '/Volumes/Vail5a225c.iPhoneDeveloperBundle'.
    2008-04-14 13:59:24 - FAIL)
    This is what i tried to do : go to finder, "go to folder" /volumes/ deleted the volume, tried again and it failed.
    So i deleted PWN, download it again, and nothing..same error. So what am i to do? Why doesn't PWN work? any idea? nobody else has encountered this?
    I have no problem pwning my phone, or building an custom 1.1.4, just the 2.0 beta
    Please help, at this point any advice would be great because this is driving me crazy,
    Thanks,
    you might have bad version of the beta or could be corrupt. I would try dl the firmware again and see if same error pops up. Cause if 1.1.4 worked fine then it has to deal with the copy u have with the beta. Personally why don't you wait until the release of the real 2.0 is release by apple 2.0 is not all that.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

any day now :-/ i bet he might be holding it back, for when the other pwnage update happens

Default Hold up
    Quote Originally Posted by pingwhen View Post
    any day now :-/ i bet he might be holding it back, for when the other pwnage update happens
    Everyone thinks that us computer programmers can solve problems in minutes and also think we dont have a personal life. At this time he's working out a bug with you dl it to your computer put the file somewhere corrupts itself. I rather fix the bugs so I dont have people complaining about and emailing me say I dl your app and it doesn't work or dont install right. Not everything is just a simple fix sometimes one problem you have effect something else that wasn't wrong before. That's why progammers know that instead of it being called computer programming it should be called computer debugging. We spend more time debugging then programming. But the program is all set and waiting for update would be useless since all you need is a update code in the application its self.

Everyone thinks that us computer programmers can solve problems in minutes and also think we dont have a personal life. At this time he's working out a bug with you dl it to your computer put the file somewhere corrupts itself. I rather fix the bugs so I dont have people complaining about and emailing me say I dl your app and it doesn't work or dont install right. Not everything is just a simple fix sometimes one problem you have effect something else that wasn't wrong before. That's why progammers know that instead of it being called computer programming it should be called computer debugging. We spend more time debugging then programming. But the program is all set and waiting for update would be useless since all you need is a update code in the application its self.
    I am a little more patient now that I see it from another perspective...Thanks

you might have bad version of the beta or could be corrupt. I would try dl the firmware again and see if same error pops up. Cause if 1.1.4 worked fine then it has to deal with the copy u have with the beta. Personally why don't you wait until the release of the real 2.0 is release by apple 2.0 is not all that.
    I did download the firmware several times, even dif. computers, but no dice, everytime it's the same.I know 2.0beta sucks, someone shared a pwned copy with me, that's not the point, it's the fact that pwnage does not work for me w./2.0b, and i have no idea why.
    I know you're going to say that it might be my macbook, but i don't think that's the case since, like you said, it works with 1.1.4, and i have no problems with the o.s. or the notebook itself.
    I just want to make it work 'cause it's really annoying
    Last edited by mirceahr; 2008-04-14 at 06:38 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It would be news to me if one of the guys in the computer department had a life. Actually that is one of the main reasons I switched to an EE major. Its cause they all could literally be happy with a pizza under the door and no outside communication.

is this available for Windows users yet?

Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast