Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ITS BEEN PWNED!!!!! | Release of PwnageTool OSX + Windows

iPhone? More like MyPhone timbo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iCity11 View Post
    i tried to look it up for ya but i found nothin....guess thats what i get for bein a windows user lol...i'll let you know if i find somethin or until someone who knows how to do it posts it up....sorry timbo
    Not sure if this is the answer, but I found this link
    http://www.irisa.fr/texmex/people/du...8c-source.html

Could work for both MAC and PC
    Thanks,

Timbo

Im on 1.1.2 and after trying 1.1.3 .............official 2.0 better be something special otherwise im gunna stick :P

so will it be released tonite????????? (winpwn) that is ??????
    uhhhh cant wait
    2.0 beta 8 5a345 ATT LOCKED

Cool Customize Carrier Logo WILL NOT Change
    Any ideas on how to get my Modded Customize app to change the carrier logo? I have an AT&T iphone, Jailbroken with ZiPhone and have used all the 1.1.4 tweaks from Spazio.net to install apps like customize and summerboard to work for my phone. Everything works as it is supposed to except the Carrier Logo will not change. I've tried many different things to no avail. Any ideas???

Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Make it mine? works fine for me

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I got pwnage to work after restoring in itunes first, everything seems to be working now except....

I cannot get installer to install anything, it keeps saying 'failed' any ideas?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by r.d.wilson View Post
    Any ideas on how to get my Modded Customize app to change the carrier logo? I have an AT&T iphone, Jailbroken with ZiPhone and have used all the 1.1.4 tweaks from Spazio.net to install apps like customize and summerboard to work for my phone. Everything works as it is supposed to except the Carrier Logo will not change. I've tried many different things to no avail. Any ideas???

Thanks
    As far as i know the carrier logo function doesn't work in customize in 1.1.4 (maybe 1.1.3 as well). you need to manually change it by ssh'ing into your phone

Well if this ever comes out for Windows I hope someone will do a walk thru on how to use it on an already jailbroken 1.1.4 and when we restore we loose all the apps we have put in? That sux.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

looks good for it to come out today or even tommorrow. If not I would bet I would be out during the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by r.d.wilson View Post

Thanks
    r.d.Wilson,
    If you install the app "Make It Mine" and change the carrier name to "iPod" then your carrier image will change to the one that you select through customize

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HtGemini For This Useful Post:

iancdp (2008-04-11)

I have gotten customize to work by SSH'ing into the phone and then opening Putty and starting the app. from the command prompt. When it opens on the phone, make your changes through the interface on the phone. When you have made all of the changes, then exit out of the program through Putty and respring. That should do the trick. It does for me.

For those salivating for the Win release, I hope you are not going to be disappointed. There really is nothing you will gain other than bragging rights. The one exception might be for those that write their own progams and apps.

The Pwnage Tool has excellent potential for the future. Congrats to the devs for their hard work. As for now, it's really not that big of a deal. The iPhone doesn't work any better. It is just a first step in preparing for the future. You aren't missing out on any features. In fact, you are ahead in two ways. First, you are ahead in not having to reinstall all of your 3rd party apps. Second, you "should be" reading and learning from the mistakes and experiences of the mac users. And you MIGHT be ahead in case there are minor bug fixes that get taken care of before the win release.

For the vast majority, there's almost nothing you do with a pwnd iphone that you can't do with a z'modded phone. I understand the idea of wanting all the tools available. It's just kinda silly to make a big deal out of it at this point.

If i installed 2.0 on my iPhone would i be able to get all my contacts and settings back from the backup that itunes creates or would i have to start from scratch and re-enter everything?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sheppy1 View Post
    If i installed 2.0 on my iPhone would i be able to get all my contacts and settings back from the backup that itunes creates or would i have to start from scratch and re-enter everything?
    Are you backing up your contacts to a contacts program on your computer? mine backs up to windows mail. Check your itunes settings.

dev team. you are the best.
    Phoenix_Tearful

CMW/DevTeam come on, give us a clue as to when the windows version will be released, I'm getting hacked of refreshing your site (http://www.iphonelinux.org) 100 times a night.

Will it be Tonight? Tomorrow? Sunday?

iPhone? More like MyPhone spongebobiwan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marc_1968 View Post
    CMW/DevTeam come on, give us a clue as to when the windows version will be released, I'm getting hacked of refreshing your site (http://www.iphonelinux.org) 100 times a night.

WinPWN is very close to being released. You can keep up to date on the progress here: http://www.broomvideos.com/wiki/index.php?title=Winpwn

19. The Following User Says Thank You to spongebobiwan For This Useful Post:

chanson402 (2008-04-12)

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

after reading on broomvideos the release will prob be late tonight or sometime tommorow.

thats what it looks like to me anyway...

21. The Following User Says Thank You to lillewis51 For This Useful Post:

morgan1234 (2008-04-14)

Pwnage for windows is going to be release very very soon if not tonight at least by sunday. Hes working very hard on something that has no source code for it cause its locked up at Fort Knox vault that Apple has for there source codes.

Quote Originally Posted by marc_1968 View Post

All good things come to all those who wait. Plus I rather have a bug free application then something thats going to give me the circle of death. Give the man some credit for god sake. He has ported Pwnage at a quick pace for us using windows. Shot I wish he wouldnt of took time off the LinuxiPhone project. I love all my linux and unix systems better then windows. Im not buying a copy of Mac OS just to use Pwnage. I have to wait just like everyone else and sorta like you got to the site 5 times a day just to see some updates. But if theres something big to reveal I think he would of put it up.
    Last edited by Linux4me; 2008-04-12 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

cout << "When you think OS think Linux. The OS of Champions."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Linux4me View Post
    Pwnage for windows is going to be release very very soon if not tonight at least by sunday. Hes working very hard on something that has no source code for it cause its locked up at Fort Knox vault that Apple has for there source codes.

All good things come to all those who wait. Plus I rather have a bug free application then something thats going to give me the circle of death. Give the man some credit for god sake. He has ported Pwnage at a quick pace for us using windows. Shot I wish he wouldnt of took time off the LinuxiPhone project. I love all my linux and unix systems better then windows. Im not buying a copy of Mac OS just to use Pwnage. I have to wait just like everyone else and sorta like you got to the site 5 times a day just to see some updates. But if theres something big to reveal I think he would of put it up.
    I love linux too, but I don't have anything to run it sadly... I must have a windows machine and I don't have a dual core so I can't use the parallel type virtualization.

Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast