Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ITS BEEN PWNED!!!!! | Release of PwnageTool OSX + Windows

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon_PhoneApart View Post
    Run iLife?
    That's like saying Running windows movie maker. If there is an equal software on the windows machine it doesn't count as something mac does that windows doesn't.

and to wephone. I don't get BSODs...

waitin for WINDOWS!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Mac Baby

Default Question About BootNeuter
    I successfully Pwned my phone which was previously unlocked/jailbroken with ZiPhone. I am currently on Bootloader 3.9. Neuter is OFF. FakeBlank is OFF. Unlock is ON. What should settings be if I want to reflash to 4.6?

On another note. I have read this entire thread and the Mac/PC flame wars. All I can say is that I have been using a Mac since the late 80s. Up until recently, there was absolutely nothing available for Macs. Everything (including hacking my previous Razr) had to be done on a PC. All I can say is—it's about time! For once, something came out for Mac before PC.

Off the soapbox now. Can someone answer my question above?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spyboy_1 View Post
    well u dont care cuz u got a mac rite !!!
    n yeah they should rename it till it is TRULLY LAUNCED!!!!... No bs accepted here .. thats wut pisses ppl off.

Nope I do not own a MAC and i dont plan on it,Im locked to good ol at&t so i could care less.I just wouldnt mind creating custom firmwares for backup,cause i do alot of "testing" on my phone

hehhhehe I love my mac! But not the 1.2 fw ... Kinda sucks

Has anyone here ever bricked their iPhone? I'd be careful with PWN.

Seems to work great for me. My battery life seems less, though...

if already unlocked with ziphone on 1.1.4, do you need to refurbish and then restore with custom firmware and select unlock -> on ?
    I'm asking this cuz I'm on Ziphone unlocked 1.1.4, and pwned it but not restored with custom firmware. For restoring and selecting neutering,unlock on,etc do I need to undo the unlock for this unlock to happen again ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone ckybam69's Avatar
    Thanks

has anyone else had problems with the mail.app after pwning and restoring to custom firmware? i did this and then my mail app wouldnt open. i reset the permissions and made 2 custom firmwares to try and fix it and still no working mail.

also i have restored to a backup of my fone everytime i have to activate/JB... and have never had a problem....could that be my problem after using pwnage?

Hi, I just had a question i have gone through the read me and it states that that iphone should be selected as a new device in itune, so i wanted to know if i would have to put in my contacts in manually all over again or can i just use the back up file thats on itunes?

Thanx in advance....

Thanks

I have a strange problem attempting to pwn my phone.

When I get this, nothing happens with my phone. I watched the TV for ages after seeing this screen just thinking that it would take ages, but nothing.

Anybody have the same problem or know how to fix it?

(I have restored my phone before doing this)

Edit: I made it work on another Mac.
    Last edited by stan_the_man_123; 2008-04-08 at 12:48 PM. Reason: It Works Now

Quote Originally Posted by si200 View Post
    Hi, I just had a question i have gone through the read me and it states that that iphone should be selected as a new device in itune, so i wanted to know if i would have to put in my contacts in manually all over again or can i just use the back up file thats on itunes?

Thanx in advance....

There have been issues with using "back up" through itunes, so it is suggested that you use "new" iphone instead. However you can sync your contacts to Outlook (PC) or to address book (Mac) and then sync them back after, so you don't have to put them in manually.

TJ
    Last edited by rnksols; 2008-04-08 at 12:20 PM.
    Life is long, but in the end, the journey is the destination.
    DH Lawrence.

My Blog - HERE
    *NEW* iDesign Studio - 300+ "Realized" Icons + Loads of Other Custom Grphics - HERE

PM me if you need Web/Image/File Hosting!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nasp30 View Post
    waitin for WINDOWS!!!!!
    Here is a link to release info http://www.broomvideos.com/wiki/index.php?title=Winpwn

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Woody91 For This Useful Post:

iCity11 (2008-04-08)

Alright....I'm A Windows User So You Know What That Means (No Pwn)...But I Read Through This Whole Page And I Need Some Clarification Because Some Say Yes And Some Say No.....Can You Change The Start-Up Graphic (Chrome Apple/Pineapple) To A Customized Personal Graphic?...Or Did I Waste My Time Making This --->

And I Quote...
    "Under the BootNeuter checkbox will present two new options that are selectable these are -

Upgrade to 4.6 NB: Unless you understand this option you should avoid it.

Downgrade to 3.9 NB: Unless you understand this option you should avoid it.

Unlock baseband - This will enable the unlocking of the baseband to all networks using a custom "software unlock" process. This should be used if you plan to use a SIM card from a carrier other than the one provided by your original iPhone carrier.

Activate Phone - This will activate the phone so that it can be used with iTunes. This will bypass the Apple activation process and set the iPhone to be in an Activated state allowing access to the device's functions.

Use Custom Pictures - This option enables the use of custom iPhone graphics to replace the stock images that are used when the phone boots or goes into recovery mode." <-----Clarify That For Me Please
    Last edited by iCity11; 2008-04-08 at 05:21 PM.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Unfortunately the startup image is on the ROM so you can't change it without hacking the ROM, which I don't suggest you try.

It is possible to change the graphic in the ipsw, but all that does is show your custom image for like 3 milliseconds at the end of loading. The actual image is pretty much untouchable without ROM hacking.

At least as far as I am aware.

Sorry Buddy.
    Life is long, but in the end, the journey is the destination.
    DH Lawrence.

My Blog - HERE
    *NEW* iDesign Studio - 300+ "Realized" Icons + Loads of Other Custom Grphics - HERE

PM me if you need Web/Image/File Hosting!!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to rnksols For This Useful Post:

iCity11 (2008-04-08)

Quote Originally Posted by rnksols View Post
    Unfortunately the startup image is on the ROM so you can't change it without hacking the ROM, which I don't suggest you try.

It is possible to change the graphic in the ipsw, but all that does is show your custom image for like 3 milliseconds at the end of loading. The actual image is pretty much untouchable without ROM hacking.

At least as far as I am aware.

Sorry Buddy.

Well...Thanx For Crushing My Hopes And Dreams LOL...Oh Well...Big Thanx rnksols

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kurtless View Post
    Has anyone here ever bricked their iPhone? I'd be careful with PWN.
    Can you elaborate on your post? Why do you say this? did you brick your phone? From all the threads i've read, the only people who had temporarily "bricked" their iphones or ipod touchs were from restoring to an iPod touch firmware for an iphone or vice versa, and that would be considered an user error...

so, again, please elaborate on your post

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

winpwn looks more fun then pwn god I can't wait for the release. Check the new updated screens.

Quote Originally Posted by ckybam69 View Post
    has anyone else had problems with the mail.app after pwning and restoring to custom firmware? i did this and then my mail app wouldnt open. i reset the permissions and made 2 custom firmwares to try and fix it and still no working mail.

also i have restored to a backup of my fone everytime i have to activate/JB... and have never had a problem....could that be my problem after using pwnage?
    Quote Originally Posted by si200 View Post

Thanx in advance....
    \/\/ I had issues after restoring from a backup See link bellow \/\/

My Post a few pages back....

I would recommend setting the phone up as a new phone, but that's just based the experience I had on sunday..........

Other than that this has to be the most straight forward jailbreak & unlock I have used and I've done most of them (since 1.0.2)

Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast