Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ITS BEEN PWNED!!!!! | Release of PwnageTool OSX + Windows

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

[QUOTE=Napoleon_PhoneApart;658201]I've always gotten my bookmarks back after restoring from my backup on iTunes.

QUOTE]

Well, that's only if you restore with a backup as opposed to setting up a new phone. it's always recommended to set up a new phone as a previous backup may be problematic for a newly jailbroken phone, so i never recommend that. glad that it seems to have always worked well for you though; certainly would save a lot of time haha

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm have at&t as carrier but will be switching to t-mobile, I was going to pawn my iphone this weekend and wondered if I do unlock it will I have any issues if I'm still using at&t ( have to coordinate with better half on when to switch).

Thanks
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LGgeek View Post
    I'm have at&t as carrier but will be switching to t-mobile, I was going to pawn my iphone this weekend and wondered if I do unlock it will I have any issues if I'm still using at&t ( have to coordinate with better half on when to switch).

Thanks
    unlocking your phone will give you the option to use any GSM carrier you choose to. it won't have an affect on your AT&T sim/account

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jtesnani For This Useful Post:

LGgeek (2008-04-08)

I've been having minor ringtone issues with my phone, I'm waiting out a restore for the release of the windows tools. Thanks for all the hard work devs
    I can't wait until the day after yesterday's tomorrow.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Do you care if we post "Buy Leopard and install it on your PC" replies? Haha!

He wasn't saying to buy a Mac, he was just saying that the Windows version will come when the Devteam finishes it and that people have two options:

1. Wait patiently
    2. Get a Mac

It sounds simple enough to me. It's exactly the same as if I was constantly asking when (insert PC only video game here) was coming out for Mac. I have a few options:

1. Wait patiently

Or

2. Buy a PC

OR

3. Install windows on my Mac (haha)

Funny how people keep saying Mac is NOT better than PC, but yet it appears that I have more options on Mac

Mac > PC

Name one thing you can do on your mac that I can't do on my Windows Machine.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by haibane View Post
    PWN your iphone!

Quote Originally Posted by techguy1 View Post
    Im not rushing personally i dont even care when windows version is released but it gets annoying reading all the post about "when is windows version coming" so to avoid all the hassle just change the thread subject.Nice and simple!!
    well u dont care cuz u got a mac rite !!!
    n yeah they should rename it till it is TRULLY LAUNCED!!!!... No bs accepted here .. thats wut pisses ppl off.
    Last edited by spyboy_1; 2008-04-07 at 11:42 PM.

Exclamation coming soon?
    I wonder if they plan on releasing it this year!! they did annouce it over 2 months ago, saying it was coming out soon.. soon as in 2008???? Geting prety tired of waiting for something that is coming out tomorrow every day. I know I know, buy a mac. Famous last words. But I am happy with the pc I have, although I am planning on getting a MB this summer. For those who are like me, we need to actually save up money to buy the mac, not counting every other thing I need to pay for (groceries, appartment rent, ''inexpensive'' gas....) Anyways, hope it REALLY is coming out soon.
    iPhone 4 16 GB + iMac 24" 2.9GHz + MBP 13" 2,2GHZ = AAPL 4 EVAAAA!

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Run iLife?

Use it for longer than 5 hours.

Not get a BSoD

Have a life.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    PWN your iphone!
    COME ON, surely you MUST have known that someone was gonna jump on that, you left yourself WIDE open for that lol.

I am sure the windows version will be out soon, and then the masses will be appeased.
    The thing you kinda have to remember is that the iPhone is an apple product, and those that dev and work on it more than likely do so with mac computers. This is common sense, as it is easier to interface with using a mac. Therefore any windows developments are usually recodes or ports from mac, which take a bit more time, with the exception of Nate True who uses windows, hence his range of windows tools, (iBrikr etc.).

As to the question of which is better, Mac or PC? There is no definitive answer, they both have their values, pros and cons. It is always going to be personal preference.

Finding a balance that suites your needs is key.

I would however state that I see iPhone development leaning more and more toward Mac based tools, which I think everyone realised would be a natural progression.

Anyway, this was mainly to state that I don't think Macs are BETTER then PC's or vice-versa, and that I am not a "fanboy", my comments were totally altruistic. I amn't saying "buy a mac", but just don't moan if you have to wait for a conversion of an APPLE device from APPLE based software to PC.

Enjoy.

TJ

SORRY FOR THE LONG DIATRBE/RANT lol. Let's get back ON TOPIC!!!!
    Last edited by rnksols; 2008-04-08 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Edit to Add Apology
    Life is long, but in the end, the journey is the destination.
    DH Lawrence.

My Blog - HERE
    *NEW* iDesign Studio - 300+ "Realized" Icons + Loads of Other Custom Grphics - HERE

PM me if you need Web/Image/File Hosting!!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to rnksols For This Useful Post:

iCity11 (2008-04-08)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

good job on jacking a thread and his computer craped on him it will be released later. good job on reading guys... And being little kids. Mac = windows get over it........

Question, which has probably been answered but i don't feel like reading 36 pages. anyway, if I have a jailbroken 1.1.4 already and i wanna use ipwn will lose all my **** and have to reinstall everything from installer or does it stay because you make a custom firmware? And does it matter if i just leave my iphone jailbroken from ziphone? is there that much of a difference?
    I *hEaRt* my IpHoNe

http://twitter.com/#!/Loudmouth0

wanna be cool? Follow me

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    PWN your iphone!
    now im a windows user myself.....but i thought that was f***ing hilarious...good one stealth

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Quote Originally Posted by popmanbx View Post
    Question, which has probably been answered but i don't feel like reading 36 pages. anyway, if I have a jailbroken 1.1.4 already and i wanna use ipwn will lose all my **** and have to reinstall everything from installer or does it stay because you make a custom firmware? And does it matter if i just leave my iphone jailbroken from ziphone? is there that much of a difference?

Simply, yes you will lose all your ****, unless you do a backup and then restore afterwards, however there have been some issues with that. So yeh, you would have a plain iPhone again.

You wuld not gain anything at this point in time, you would still only have a jailbroken iPhone so the question is, why bother? lol. This tool is intended to make the process easier for when it is required, if you already have a fully functioning phone on 1.1.4 then there really isn't any need to go ahead and use it yet.

Looking forward to the point at which we can capture our .ipsw as it is with all our apps etc. then reflash that back on should it be needed.
    Life is long, but in the end, the journey is the destination.
    DH Lawrence.

My Blog - HERE
    *NEW* iDesign Studio - 300+ "Realized" Icons + Loads of Other Custom Grphics - HERE

PM me if you need Web/Image/File Hosting!!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to rnksols For This Useful Post:

popmanbx (2008-04-08)

Thanks, I'll just wait then. I appreciate the straight answer.
    I *hEaRt* my IpHoNe

http://twitter.com/#!/Loudmouth0

wanna be cool? Follow me

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks jtesnani
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

does or doesnt this work with at&t phones?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

it works with ALL iphones

thanks i did it with the both of the firmwares the 2.0 woks great

oh dont wait for windows version
    just install mac leopard on your pc like i did with a triple boot vista xp mac
    Last edited by korny7777; 2008-04-08 at 03:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast