Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ITS BEEN PWNED!!!!! | Release of PwnageTool OSX + Windows

Quote Originally Posted by pingwhen View Post
    isn't there a check box to change or not change those pictures on the firmware. I know this and I don't even have a mac. I'm waiting.
    Yes, you are correct. When you do the first pwn, you will get the pineapple graphic, but when you start to build the custom firmware, there is an option to use it or not.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aamodr View Post
    i am not too pleased with the replacement graphic..I bought an Apple iPhone not a Pineapple iPhone i dont think they should replace the apple logo.. rest all a class apart..

So umm... as has been said the past 4 pages repetitively. READ THE THREAD.

Quote Originally Posted by rnksols View Post
    OR buy a mac.

iPhone + Mac = Leopard + Windows
    iPhone + PC = Windows + Patience

Please stop posting buy a mac. I would buy one if it didn't have a ridiculous markup on it. You can't buy a single machine from them for under a grand. Well aside from the mini, but its missing pieces.
    Last edited by haibane; 2008-04-07 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swpelchat View Post
    they shouldnt even release this simply because of all the whiny 13 year olds on this forum. i know i havnt been here that long and even i can tell that there are a bunch of freeloaders on here that dont want to contribute. like little babies wanting the nipple.

Sounds like your the baby and what do you contribute?nothing thats what i thought
    Last edited by techguy1; 2008-04-07 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Because of whiny babies

Can my iPhone be jailbroken upon pwning my iPhone, or do I need to refurbish my phone prior to pwning it?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by samsadex View Post
    Can my iPhone be jailbroken upon pwning my iPhone, or do I need to refurbish my phone prior to pwning it?
    no restoring/refurbishing necessary. you can go ahead and pwn as is

Thanks for the repl jtesnani. Do I loose anything (installed apps) during the pwning process?

Can't wait for the Windows version of this software.
    Last edited by samsadex; 2008-04-07 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by techguy1 View Post
    Sounds like your the baby and what do you contribute?nothing thats what i thought
    dude im not the one bitchin about not having winpoon im simply saying that some of these people want something for nothing and they're not willing to wait. btw who the hell was talking to you.
    16gb iPhone4 black

If I helped you in anyway please hit thank you.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Thanks for the repl jtesnani. Do I loose anything (installed apps) during the pwning process?

Can't wait for the Windows version of this software.
    you lose EVERYTHING, since once you build the custom firmware, you are doing a restore via iTunes

But again, I can have the phone jailbroken, I just loose the apps that were installed? And do I loose Installer as well? And what about my contacts, bookmarks, music, photos, etc.? If I loose installer, how do I reinstall it after pwning?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

But again, I can have the phone jailbroken, I just loose the apps that were installed? And do I loose Installer as well? And what about my contacts, bookmarks, music, photos, etc.? If I loose installer, how do I reinstall it after pwning?
    your phone will be jailbroken again and installer will be installed during the restoring process with the custom firmware, so you'll lose all your apps but you'll have installer to reinstall all your apps. you should sync contacts, music and photos via your itunes. you'll lose your bookmarks but you can SSH into your phone and find the plist pull and save it onto your desktop but i'm not sure where that file is

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jtesnani For This Useful Post:

samsadex (2008-04-07)

Thanks again jtesnani. I now know what to expect and what to do once I have this software. Excellent. I just hope I don't run in to any problems with the pwning process.

Quote Originally Posted by haibane View Post
    Please stop posting buy a mac. I would buy one if it didn't have a ridiculous markup on it. You can't buy a single machine from them for under a grand. Well aside from the mini, but its missing pieces.

Do you care if we post "Buy Leopard and install it on your PC" replies? Haha!

He wasn't saying to buy a Mac, he was just saying that the Windows version will come when the Devteam finishes it and that people have two options:

1. Wait patiently
    2. Get a Mac

It sounds simple enough to me. It's exactly the same as if I was constantly asking when (insert PC only video game here) was coming out for Mac. I have a few options:

1. Wait patiently

Or

2. Buy a PC

OR

3. Install windows on my Mac (haha)

Funny how people keep saying Mac is NOT better than PC, but yet it appears that I have more options on Mac

Mac > PC

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

u dont have more options....... U can't even mod ur tower that much....

It just appears that way because of the way the options are listed. Windows users can install Mac OS's too. So, if you want to base your assessment of which system is better on how many options in the present scenario are available to both Mac and PC owners, then it's tied. The problem with that logic is that it is flawed and excludes any rational analysis. It would be like saying a PC mouse is better because it has more buttons than a Mac mouse does. That's just silly. It's all about preference anyway. Personally, the only reason I would ever use Leopard or OSX 10.XX is to mod my iPhone. So for me,
    PC > Mac, but that is just my preference. However, my PC brethren are still acting like a bunch of whiney babies about when this tool is going to come out.

I want to clear up that I was joking. This forum has gotten very serious and angry and after reading about 34 pages of people getting angry or crying or asking questions that have already been answered, I figured I would pop a joke. I apologize because I thought it was obvious I was joking but after thinking about it I just ended up looking like an uneducated Eleventeen yr old.

BTW,

Serious question- How many PC users on here have actually tried a Mac (and I don't mean going to the Apple Store and using Photobooth. I mean ACTUALLY spent a good month at least using a Mac every day)?

I have used both systems as my major is Computer Science and most schools (the two I have been too) mainly use PCs for teaching programing, and I even used to own an IBM thinkpad T60p (if my memory serves me correctly) but had to return it to the school upon leaving and then purchased my Macbook Pro.

I love Apple and have since I was a little squirt, BUT I DO know about Windows. I prefer Mac but my JOKES towards PC are just that, jokes. No offense to anyone who chooses to use windows!

Have a great day all

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I want to clear up that I was joking. This forum has gotten very serious and angry and after reading about 34 pages of people getting angry or crying or asking questions that have already been answered, I figured I would pop a joke. I apologize because I thought it was obvious I was joking but after thinking about it I just ended up looking like an uneducated Eleventeen yr old.

BTW,

Serious question- How many PC users on here have actually tried a Mac (and I don't mean going to the Apple Store and using Photobooth. I mean ACTUALLY spent a good month at least using a Mac every day)?

I have used both systems as my major is Computer Science and most schools (the two I have been too) mainly use PCs for teaching programing, and I even used to own an IBM thinkpad T60p (if my memory serves me correctly) but had to return it to the school upon leaving and then purchased my Macbook Pro.

I love Apple and have since I was a little squirt, BUT I DO know about Windows. I prefer Mac but my JOKES towards PC are just that, jokes. No offense to anyone who chooses to use windows!

Have a great day all
    I'm a life long PC user. I'd never used anything else until I dated a girl that owned a Powerbook G4. Once I got my hands on it, I lived on that thing. Day in and day out, I was on that Mac. I've been a devoted Mac fan ever since. To be honest, the fact that I'm a Mac enthusiast is the best thing that came out of that relationship, lol.

I also have a question... I'm not sure if this has been answered, or not. Please forgive me if it has. If it has been, don't flame me, just let me know it has. Simple as that. With this tool, will there be an option to change the image when you boot your phone? I know watching the video, they do it, but I haven't seen anything in a description that explains how to do it, or if it's even offered. Are we stuck with the image that they delegate? Anyways, thanks!

Brandon

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brandoncarr View Post
    I'm a life long PC user. I'd never used anything else until I dated a girl that owned a Powerbook G4. Once I got my hands on it, I lived on that thing. Day in and day out, I was on that Mac. I've been a devoted Mac fan ever since. To be honest, the fact that I'm a Mac enthusiast is the best thing that came out of that relationship, lol.

I also have a question... I'm not sure if this has been answered, or not. Please forgive me if it has. If it has been, don't flame me, just let me know it has. Simple as that. With this tool, will there be an option to change the image when you boot your phone? I know watching the video, they do it, but I haven't seen anything in a description that explains how to do it, or if it's even offered. Are we stuck with the image that they delegate? Anyways, thanks!

Brandon

haha this HAS been answered numerous times. you can't "change' the image. however, you do have the option to not change it to the dev-team images. there is a thread in one of the iphone sections that tells you how to change the image to the retro apple one, but other than that, it's pineapple or original silver apple

19. The Following User Says Thank You to jtesnani For This Useful Post:

brandoncarr (2008-04-08)

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rnksols View Post
    OR buy a mac.

iPhone + Mac = Leopard + Windows
    iPhone + PC = Windows + Patience
    Or, if you're really adventurous, build a hackintosh...

Quote Originally Posted by swpelchat View Post
    they shouldnt even release this simply because of all the whiny 13 year olds on this forum. i know i havnt been here that long and even i can tell that there are a bunch of freeloaders on here that dont want to contribute. like little babies wanting the nipple.
    Absolutely.
    Last edited by Napoleon_PhoneApart; 2008-04-07 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone ckybam69's Avatar
    Thanks

hey i pwned my fone and restored to a customized firmware. i tried 3 different ones and all of them messed up my mail app so that it wouldnt work. i tried resetting the permissions each time and still didnt work. did anyone else have this problem? it was the only problem i had.

and on another note, it is possible to put mac on a pc. i have a pc dual booting vista and mac and xp on my laptop. so when this came out i was able to use it. its quite simple to get mac on a pc now a days.
    Last edited by ckybam69; 2008-04-07 at 10:02 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jtesnani View Post
    your phone will be jailbroken again and installer will be installed during the restoring process with the custom firmware, so you'll lose all your apps but you'll have installer to reinstall all your apps. you should sync contacts, music and photos via your itunes. you'll lose your bookmarks but you can SSH into your phone and find the plist pull and save it onto your desktop but i'm not sure where that file is
    I've always gotten my bookmarks back after restoring from my backup on iTunes.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrinker0328 View Post
    Windows users can install Mac OS's too.
    That's what I've done until I can afford a Mac Pro. I have Leopard 10.5.2 running on one of my hard drives and I use it most of the time now over my XP installation. I runs extremely well and fast, and runs everything I throw at it.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

Have a great day all
    So it was you stirring the pot!

Quote Originally Posted by ckybam69 View Post
    and on another note, it is possible to put mac on a pc. i have a pc dual booting vista and mac and xp on my laptop. so when this came out i was able to use it. its quite simple to get mac on a pc now a days.
    Well, I still think it's a bit of luck if you have generally compatible hardware or not. A lot of people are having a lot of trouble installed OSX on their PCs. I must have been one of the lucky ones...
    Last edited by Napoleon_PhoneApart; 2008-04-07 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast