Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ITS BEEN PWNED!!!!! | Release of PwnageTool OSX + Windows

Quote Originally Posted by causefx View Post
    Got mine working after several attempts. All the problems being mentioned seem pretty common. Aft the phone being pwned, it restarts back up normal and not in recovery mode to install the custom firmware. I had to manually put it back in recovery mode to continue. As soon as the cutom firmware is loaded, itunes picks up my phone and I did a restore to get my contacts,etc.. back in. But when iTunes has it picked up, istead of saying my name for the phone, it says "untilted playlist". Anyone kno how to rename the phone or did I do something wrong? My signal is also lower as well. Before I would average 4 bars, not I get 3.
    When your phone is in iTunes just click on it once in the left column. Then click on it again and you can edit the name.

cheers,

Joe

is anybody, having issues with 1.2b or aka 2.0b? I have done several modifications on it last nite, I'm having trouble sending Text, and if you scrowl on the contacts the phone would just go back to the springboard.??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Worked great! I love the fact you are able to use custom firmwares.

Also you don't need to go into DFU, only recovery, it will tell you to get into recovery if you're in DFU mode! DFU and recovery modes are not the same.

Also, don't bother with 2.0, nothing to see there unless you like not being able to install 3rd party apps.
    Last edited by Eight08; 2008-04-04 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Wink

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neo0019 View Post
    is anybody, having issues with 1.2b or aka 2.0b? I have done several modifications on it last nite, I'm having trouble sending Text, and if you scrowl on the contacts the phone would just go back to the springboard.??
    it's been stated numerous times that it is very buggy, hence "beta", and that it's not recommended for installation unless you're a developer using it to develop apps...

i have a 1.1.1 unlocked iphonei want to upgrade to at least 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 firmware and stay unlocked can i use this tool or do i have to use something else. if so what and how

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tigga2002 View Post
    i have a 1.1.1 unlocked iphonei want to upgrade to at least 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 firmware and stay unlocked can i use this tool or do i have to use something else. if so what and how
    I feel like I am watching the body wash commerical. Can I use... ? It will work fine tigga. Read the guide.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to haibane For This Useful Post:

tigga2002 (2008-04-04)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

anyone can use this tool, including you. refer to the guide on the first post

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jtesnani For This Useful Post:

tigga2002 (2008-04-04)

Yes you can use this tool.

Come on people READ the thread before you ask questions!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to pgazda For This Useful Post:

tigga2002 (2008-04-04)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Finally!!
    If i helped hit Thanks!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to julianqm2 For This Useful Post:

tigga2002 (2008-04-04)

Thanks

I have hair here, but not here. Is old spice body wash right for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Eight08 View Post
    Worked great! I love the fact you are able to use custom firmwares.

Also you don't need to go into DUF, only recovery, it will tell you to get into recovery if you're in DFU mode! DFU and recovery modes are not the same.

Also, don't bother with 2.0, nothing to see there unless you like not being able to install 3rd party apps.
    or want to check out exchange active sync

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    In theory you should just be able to hit upgrade in itunes and it should remain jailbroken and unlocked with all subsequent firmware releases.
    HOLD IT!!
    i thought u had to create a custom ipsw file first for that to happen?
    cuz if u restore with a stock file, then i think u would loose a jb.. well unlock will remain unless they update the bb...... It would be AWESOME! if we pwned it once n just upgrade or downgrade to any fw n keep the jb.

Quote Originally Posted by spyboy_1 View Post
    HOLD IT!!
    i thought u had to create a custom ipsw file first for that to happen?
    cuz if u restore with a stock file, then i think u would loose a jb.. well unlock will remain unless they update the bb...... It would be AWESOME! if we pwned it once n just upgrade or downgrade to any fw n keep the jb.
    If you click upgrade, you will upgrade to iTunes firmware. Just download the firmware, "pwn" it and then restore to that...

i try to make an custom firmware but it fail at : scanning root filesystem with ASR
    what to do ppl?

IS anyone having a problem with Mail after PWNing? i can't get it to open and it won't let me sinc in itunes..

download syncFix1.1.3 from installer(iClarified source) then sync with iTunes

Quote Originally Posted by jtesnani View Post
    I have read in many cases that people have successfully upgraded their 3.9BL (downgraded by ZiPhone) back up to 4.6BL, so if you're looking to do this, go right ahead. it works
    Awesome! Thanks!

Okay I am wondering if anyone can help me. I installed the 1.2 Firmware I downloaded when I installed it booted I was missing the Appstore and iTunes icon.
    I only Activated and Used Custom Pictures I also had no signal which was a big concern. SO I tried to go back to 1.1.4 the normal way of restoring but I get an error everytime is there a special way to get back to a correct firmware.
    Right now stuck in Restore Mode trying iBrickr.
    4.6 Bootloader
    Not Unlocked ever
    Also if there is a way I can get back to 1.2 with Signal and the iTunes and AppStore.
    Thanks,
    Tyler
    Last edited by *TYL3R*; 2008-04-05 at 12:37 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bmx1 View Post
    wow, i just read all 17 pages.
    lmao me too... we have no lives lol im going to play bball before i go from prep to emo lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by *TYL3R* View Post
    Okay I am wondering if anyone can help me. I installed the 1.2 Firmware I downloaded when I installed it booted I was missing the Appstore and iTunes icon.
    I only Activated and Used Custom Pictures I also had no signal which was a big concern.
    READ THE THREAD... I think we should all refuse to answer these questions since they make up about 10 pages of this thread and all were answered on around page 4 or 5.

Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast