Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ITS BEEN PWNED!!!!! | Release of PwnageTool OSX + Windows

I followed the steps but now it's lost all phone functionality and the music and app stores aren't there...what happened??? can someone help? thanks

Im PWNed on 1.1.3 but I havent updated to the 1.1.4 CWF (Custom Firmware) yet.

Is that normal to be on a PWNed 1.1.3? Without updating to the 1.1.4 CWF?

Oh, another thing, If I do wanna update to the CWF, can I just use the update button in iTunes instead of the Restore button?

Quote Originally Posted by haibane View Post
    That reply has nothing to do with that quote
    i no i no.. i missread it
    mah bad man! im just a human

Anyways im a lil concerced about this...
    I read on iclarified that @ some stage of the pwning process u have to type in ur computer's user name and password!! i think that this tool has internet acces for updates n w.e SOOO!! i think it can send that data to their servers.. u get the idea.. it wouldnt be cool for a hacker to be hacked
    Last edited by spyboy_1; 2008-04-04 at 06:37 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

wow all 18 pages. lol. wht i found out is 2.0 only good for devs.
    att customers must run the bootneuter part and unlock for service
    make sure you have the right firmware
    personnaly dont really think its neccisary if your already unlocked and jailbroken, unless u want 4.6 baseband/botloader or wht ever.
    cant wait to make custom firmwares with all apps installed tho. great start.
    mad probs dev team

ps. everyone should read everything they can about these new unlocking tools b4 jumping the gun and messing something up. cuz now there is a million post for the same problems. i jumped the gun on 1.1.3,thos wiggly icons man, ill never do that again read read read, makes every ones life esier. me bad spelling. Good luck and cant wait for all the great things to come with this new software
    Last edited by screamforme02; 2008-04-04 at 06:46 AM. Reason: ps

5. The Following User Says Thank You to screamforme02 For This Useful Post:

tntmorgan (2008-04-04)

Quote Originally Posted by cafetime21 View Post
    This is my experience with pwned 2.0(1.2). Its slow and buggy right now. Exchange services are great but again, slow and buggy sometimes where it won't react to my finger actions. But it works somewhat. It vibrates when it has completed an exchange update. This happens maybe every several minutes. Calendar and contact works again somewhat. I get double contact listing and the calendar doesn't push my edits from the iphone to the exchange server. It might be my settings but I don't know yet. The whole phone seems to be sluggish with this beta. Reacting delays (sometimes have to return to home and hit the button again because it locks up) and sometimes unexpected returns to home page (sometimes happens when it looks like it locks up after waiting 30 sec).

The international language is built out nicely and has many many more languages than 1.1.3/1.1.4. This allows the iphone to be labeled in that language.

The phone part works but again is sluggish when trying to dial a number.

The keyboard entry is very sluggish. Everywhere. Sometimes it reacts normally, sometimes doesn't.

Map part is cool. it does track your position but drains your battery.

Youtube works sometimes. It locks up and the screen looks like it's frozen. But then it kicks you back to the home page after 30 secs or so.

Overall, i would say it's nice to have exchange capabilities but due to the sluggishness and sometimes returning back to home I would revert back to 1.1.4 until the latest version comes out.

This is the most informative reply I have seen so far, thanked you just for the info. So I have seen so many replies to this thread, could someone tell me that in order to get exchange support with the 2.0 version, do you have to do the bootloader unlock or can you just modify the 2.0 fw using the app and restore with it in itunes? Reply is appreciated and will be thanked.

all i want to know is how do i get locate me to work in googlemaps?
    1st Gen iPhone 2.0 - Jailbroken and Unlocked on T-Mobile

ok works perfect, but i ran into some issues, when i did it the first time, my phone was still jailbroken after the 1.1.4 restore using pwnage tool(like nothing happened but i had the pinnaple logo on start up), so i had to restore it using itunes and start over again, this time, my phone didnt stay on restore mode after the pwnage, it went right to the spring board, so i created the custom firmware file and manually put my phone on restore mode, then uploaded the file using itunes and after it was done and i got the fully pwned iphone, everything works perfect, does anybody got the same issue? or does anybody knows why it did that?

Thanks

yesss! i have offically pwned to 1.1.4, now ill have to change my sig and profile lol
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chase817 For This Useful Post:

Revenger92 (2008-04-04)

Waiting for windows version... BTW if u want the 2.0 beta u can get it here www.modmyi.com LMAO just kidding dont ban me plz.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Revenger92 View Post
    Waiting for windows version... BTW if u want the 2.0 beta u can get it here www.modmyi.com LMAO just kidding dont ban me plz.
    Or you can just read Cash's guide where he clearly states how to get a copy...

I can't wait for the windows realease. Plus It has an extra feature check it out for yourselves....http://www.iphonelinux.org/index.php/Main_PageWinPwn is in the final stages of testing. You now have the choice to run it on machines without iTunes using iBooter. You also get a bootloader
    console if you click iBooter
    Last edited by Slayer; 2008-04-04 at 07:55 AM.

For people who used ZiPhone:
    I had a 1.1.3 OTB phone that ZiPhone downgraded to 3.9BL
    I just pwned it and selected upgrade to 4.6BL and updated it to 1.1.4
    Everything is working flawlessly unlocked, pwned, 1.1.4 using T-Mobile. And, best of all it now has the correct spec 4.6BL
    Great job dev team, excellent product 11/10.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hey mortzz did you do a full restore to 1.1.4 and then use Pwnage tool or did u stay with all ure contents and just did a straight update????

Quote Originally Posted by iancdp View Post
    Hey mortzz did you do a full restore to 1.1.4 and then use Pwnage tool or did u stay with all ure contents and just did a straight update????
    I just took my unlocked/jailbroken/downgraded 1.1.3 iPhone and went straight into the pwnage tool. I didn't restore it beforehand.
    I thought I'd be the guinea pig

lol, people with perfectly working 1.1.4 are messing up there phones, lol, if it aint broke dont try to fix it. **** beta softwre.

Quote Originally Posted by mortzz View Post
    For people who used ZiPhone:
    I had a 1.1.3 OTB phone that ZiPhone downgraded to 3.9BL
    I just pwned it and selected upgrade to 4.6BL and updated it to 1.1.4
    Everything is working flawlessly unlocked, pwned, 1.1.4 using T-Mobile. And, best of all it now has the correct spec 4.6BL
    Great job dev team, excellent product 11/10.
    same here, back to BL 4.6 after ZiF*** .. but I restored my phone before pwning ... it's all the same I guess. Also seems to have better reception. Tx Dev Team!

Ok, so everyone that's mentioning that you can't change the boot image, it's not true. Surprised I found it elsewhere first, but I will share...it's a simple process.

rainbow logo pic mirror : http://www.mediafire.com/?24b4su2eemg
    original link : http://rapidshare.com/files/10460924...logo.img2.html

1) find your PwnageTool.app
    2) right click and click "Show package contents"
    3) navigate to Contents/Resources/*firmware version you're going to use*
    4) rename the retro apple logo from "applelogo.img2" to "logo.img2"
    5) overwrite logo.img2 with the retro apple logo file (backup the original file if you want to)
    6) now create your custom firmware and make sure you check "Use DevTeam custom pictures"

Note: You can also add files to be included in the ipsw when it is built here

There you go. Now, getting OTHER pictures to work, that's beyond me. I just managed to get the rainbow apple logo in the right format. But to all who want it, there it is.

Thank me if that was useful at all?

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DubbaCTrumpetMSU For This Useful Post:

billchase2 (2008-04-04), Brownie2k (2008-04-07), majl702 (2008-04-04), mihajmi (2008-04-05), mortzz (2008-04-04), tntmorgan (2008-04-04), ubik (2008-04-05)

Quote Originally Posted by frolix View Post
    same here, back to BL 4.6 after ZiF*** .. but I restored my phone before pwning ... it's all the same I guess. Also seems to have better reception. Tx Dev Team!
    Actually, yeah. Where I am in my house I always used to get 4 bars, now I have full reception. +1000 to the dev team. I thought my BL was going to be permanently downgraded. Also the keyboard seems to be a little snappier now, but that may be just because of the full restore.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thank you dev team for this. it worked great and very simple to use. the only problem i am having is that my phone doesn't stay in restore mode. i put it back in restore mode and follow the guide the rest of the way through. installer is on my phone but it gives me an error message when trying to install anything from it. any ideas on where i messed up at?
    quote of the night at a bar, "Yes, this is an iPhone and no you can't play with it."

Quote Originally Posted by DubbaCTrumpetMSU View Post
    Ok, so everyone that's mentioning that you can't change the boot image, it's not true. Surprised I found it elsewhere first, but I will share...it's a simple process.

rainbow logo pic mirror : http://www.mediafire.com/?24b4su2eemg
    original link : http://rapidshare.com/files/10460924...logo.img2.html

1) find your PwnageTool.app
    2) right click and click "Show package contents"
    3) navigate to Contents/Resources/*firmware version you're going to use*
    4) rename the retro apple logo from "applelogo.img2" to "logo.img2"
    5) overwrite logo.img2 with the retro apple logo file (backup the original file if you want to)
    6) now create your custom firmware and make sure you check "Use DevTeam custom pictures"

Note: You can also add files to be included in the ipsw when it is built here

There you go. Now, getting OTHER pictures to work, that's beyond me. I just managed to get the rainbow apple logo in the right format. But to all who want it, there it is.

Thank me if that was useful at all?
    You don't have to build another .ispw if you already built/restored just to get the logos.
    All you have to do is make the modifications above and then launch ipwner again and the logo will show up.
    *this is only if you already pwned/restored with custom .ispw and you want the apple instead of the pineapple*

Quote Originally Posted by OutOfMyLeague View Post
    thank you dev team for this. it worked great and very simple to use. the only problem i am having is that my phone doesn't stay in restore mode. i put it back in restore mode and follow the guide the rest of the way through. installer is on my phone but it gives me an error message when trying to install anything from it. any ideas on where i messed up at?
    dock while on (connected to computer)
    hold down sleep/home (what you would do to reset) until it resets
    (while it is still docked/connected) let go of sleep button when the apple logo appears BUT HOLD DOWN home button until you get to the plug/itunes screen
    Give it a try.
    Last edited by mortzz; 2008-04-04 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast