Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dev Team 1.1.1 Jailbreak

After about 3 hours, I have installer.app running on a 1.1.1 with no problems at all

fwiw, I had the most trouble getting SSH onto the phone. I endedup using independence for that part. It worked like a charm.

I hate to ask questions that have probably been answered before, but I guess I'm a little unsure as to whether or not I'm actually unlocked. I used the 20 step process that used to be posted on www.hacktheiphone.com to be able to use my 3rd party employee SIM in my iphone. It activated with AT&T, but has never been used on another network just not with the packaged SIM. I've also seen that the new method of jailbreaking 1.1.1 allows you to activate on a carrier other than AT&T, will there be a way for us AT&T users to use our non iphone SIMs in a jailbroken 1.1.1 iphone in the near or even somewhat distant future?

Same here..it just sits there at 1/4 complete with "Installing Package..

TTR, NES, Blackjack < confirmed working... still working on others...

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Alrighty, added some screenshots (and some organization) to my guide.
    Here's the link again...
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Dev..._1.0.2_Windows

Default how do i know???
    how do i know if my phone has been unlocked, it might seem like a stupid question... however this is the case, i got my phone on oct 6th and i have version 1.1.1 and 04.01.13_G i went through some of the steps as far as downgrading to 1.0.2 and then running appTap and then anySim, however the phone part never worked, i can do other things tho like wifi or youtube etc. does this mean my phone was never unlocked? or does it mean that i attempted to unlock it and it was unsucessful... when i insert my own sim (non-att) it gives an error sayin unknown sim or something like that... so i just want to know if my phone has been attempted to be unlocked by the applications i've used. is there any procedures out yet that can unlock my phone.. any help or suggestions would be appreciated and also links to other threads in case i missed something. thx

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

You will not be able to unlock your iPhone yet. The 04.01.13_G baseband firmware cannot be unlocked yet. You may actually have success with the 1.0.2 firmware and the IPSF software, but that runs $60.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Quote Originally Posted by shawnie53 View Post
    Hey... It was unlocked with 1.02 using http://www.iphoneunlocked.eu/SimFree.app.zip

and yes, i can make/receive calls and sms on 1.1.1 now using Fido...
    I'm using fido too, i have a 1.1.1 and 04.01.13_G is it possible to use the phone part yet? I've downgraded to 1.0.2 but still no phone functions. please help thanks.

i get to where my iphone says to activate, but i cant get it to show up in itunes, i have tried everything.

im also stuck at 1/4 way through installing and idk why?

Is anyone having ssh installing problems? I did the unlock on my mac. But I am currently at work and tried installing ssh onto 1.1.1 using the sshkit. It does it's thing and in iphuc, it shows that dropbear is installed. I go to use putty to ssh into the iphone and I am getting connection refused. Is anyone else having the same problem?

- Garrett

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

changed the page title of your guide unclear
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Dev..._1.0.2_Windows

OSX SSH install guide here:
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Dev..._SSH_1.1.1_OSX

<-----listens to.....Queen and David Bowie "Under Pressure" meanwhile at 101 of 153 megs of software update.....

Default symlink error
    After I install AppTapp to my phone, it says to go to a certain website on your iphone's safari at conceitedsoftware.com...When I go to that site, it just says Safari cannot download the file. What do I do now? I'm stuck!

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

There isnt a way for you to jailbreak without downgrading to 1.02?
    iLive an iLife

I'm having the same ssh problem but on a pc. Dunno what's up...

Also, is there a way to get more hard drive space than the 300mb it sets u up with? I need my 8 gigs, i might jus screw this and go back to 1.0.2 if i cant get my music...

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

I was under the impression once you finish the guide you have your full 8 GB.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

ok, so this is getting really annoying. I've downgraded AND upgraded my phone at least 4 times now trying to get this stupid SSH stuff to work. All the files show that they're on my phone and all the modified files are on there, but I still can't open it with a SSH program. I keep getting an access denied window. I'm sure many others are getting the same error, but I have no clue where the issue is. I've followed the steps carefully, but it still won't work x_x.

I'm using windows and right now all I want to do is throw my iphone at a wall, lol.

You have to delete the Media link you created and move Media.old back to Media. I just have to figure out why ssh is refusing connection. Dropbear is installed via the sshkit package for windows. I can see the files that it installed via iphuc. But I get connection refused.

- Garrett

iPhone? More like MyPhone cockyjeremy's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe i'm stupid, but i'm stuck at step 2. lol. But where do we go to type:

mv /var/root/Media /var/root/Media.old

ln -s / /var/root/Media

?? i've read all the pages, maybe i just missed it..?

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast