Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dev Team 1.1.1 Jailbreak

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Dang pf with the answers... I just got out of class, gunna try this now =) I'll be back to report my success (or lack there of...) and help answer any questions for you all! Maybe if I'm not too overwhelmed I'll even take some screenies and make a post with them pasted into the instructions so you guys can get a better sense of what's going on... Alrighty, here goes nothing (except, potentially, 600$)

good luck^^
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

This was taking longer than talking a virgin into anal

ill wait for a faster method,lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

root read/write access achieved! (I'm jailbroked!)

Not too hard at all! I'm gunna make a simplified guide with screenies if anyone thinks it would help... The README is a little overwhelming, but it has lots of instructions for stuff I didn't need to do... I'm gunna make a really simple guide for windows users that have 1.0.2 firmware (downgrade instructions and SHHify instructions seem redundant as they haven't changed at all)

iPhone? More like MyPhone ijustin's Avatar
    Thanks

thankz im sure alot of people need that

THAT WOULD BE SO GREAT! YOU ARE AWESOME DUDE! Thanks man! I can only read picture books. Its been a problem since i was 16 and stopped thinking. Its a medical mystery.

Hey, did you get to actually run any apps? I got to upgrading to the new firmware then I got lost. It said I could rw, but I couldn't activate until I moved forward in the guide a little and then one one of the restarts, it let me. Weird, I am excited for your guide!

I know this is a naive question, but I used iUnlock, but the process did not go through, and I wanted to find out how I can check to see if the phone has been unlocked. I can use another ATT (cingular) sim card and get service, but have not tested the phone on another carrier. What constitutes an unlocked phone, as is there anyway to make sure of either unlocked or locked status?

ipsf is so far the only way to use 1.1.1 and have it unlocked. maybe others like turbo sim, not sure with iunlock, but you can by well, simply weather it works or not...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i read the readme and what i gathered is that you have to downgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 and use installer... but then you can use 1.1.1 upgrade to get back to 1.1.1 from 1.0.2?

in a nutshell, do i have to downgrade back to 1.0.2 to jailbreak 1.1.1?

rugburn, when you tried to downgrad, did you see a picture of the iphone cable? if so thats is where you went wrong. i did the same thing and i ran apptappinstaller.exe in XP and it brought my phone back to activation screen. hope this helps, and if so when you downgrade, if you get to the screen witha picture of the cable, you went too far. hold down the home and pwr button for ten seconds , then let go of just the power, (must be in the dock) then keep the hold button for another 10 secs. then open itunes, if it reconises it, your set to down grade..

yeppers,
    Last edited by meatwagon; 2007-10-11 at 05:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

So does installer.app work with this? Or does it have to be re-written? I'm not jailbreaking my iPhone until that stuff works. Oh, and do you have to format your iPhone? (I have like all the apps, and it would be a pain to re-install all of them)

can IPSF be run on a jailbroken 1.1.1??

Or must it be installed on 1.0.2 and then upgraded to 1.1.1 and jailbreak that beast???

Quote Originally Posted by unclear View Post

Not too hard at all! I'm gunna make a simplified guide with screenies if anyone thinks it would help... The README is a little overwhelming, but it has lots of instructions for stuff I didn't need to do... I'm gunna make a really simple guide for windows users that have 1.0.2 firmware (downgrade instructions and SHHify instructions seem redundant as they haven't changed at all)
    I'm copmletely stuck when I have to run iPhuch. . . I cannot get any commmands to work, starting with putjailbreak <rdisk0s1> [/dev/rdisk0s1]

I think a simple guid would be awesome

anyone want to tell me what I'm doing wrong?

make sure the rdisk0s1 file you downloaded (in the folder "1") is in your home folder

I am moreso concerned with a list of working applications with the new firmware. Anyone tested the most commonly used ones??

Reako

Go Go Go Go...

I got to the installing SSH (Windows) after opening my phone with iTunes. I still have rw access:

/dev/disk0s1 / hfs rw 0 1
    /dev/disk0s2 /private/var hfs rw,noexec 0 2

But during the SSH install it mentions that it isn't jailbroken as part of the script. I've tried using WinSCP and Putty to no avail. I can browse the phone and the like (edit using iPhuc). However after opening iTunes my phone now has this when listing the structure in iPhuc:

(iPHUC) /: ls
    Applications
    Library
    System
    bin
    com.apple.itunes.lock_sync ***
    com.apple.update.plist ***
    cores
    dev
    etc
    file:
    iTunes_Control ***
    mach
    private
    sbin
    tmp
    update
    usr
    var
    (iPHUC) /:

*** = files that I recollect not being there prior to connecting to iTunes.

Notes: I am still able to use iPhuc and run most of the commands.
    Last edited by XavierAlucard; 2007-10-11 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Fix a sentence to make clearer.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Come On Apptapp!!!!
    iLive an iLife

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yowiphone View Post
    $60 man i will wait for the free jailbreak
    This IS a free jailbreak. Its not a free unlock though.

Quote Originally Posted by rugbrn View Post
    ps. is there any way to take my phone out of recovery without itunes?
    Out? Yes, just hold down home and sleep to let it restart.

Quote Originally Posted by unclear View Post

Quote Originally Posted by steamer702 View Post
    I know this is a naive question, but I used iUnlock, but the process did not go through, and I wanted to find out how I can check to see if the phone has been unlocked. I can use another ATT (cingular) sim card and get service, but have not tested the phone on another carrier. What constitutes an unlocked phone, as is there anyway to make sure of either unlocked or locked status?
    Looking forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffl1 View Post
    in a nutshell, do i have to downgrade back to 1.0.2 to jailbreak 1.1.1?
    yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldsun1715 View Post
    So does installer.app work with this? Or does it have to be re-written? I'm not jailbreaking my iPhone until that stuff works. Oh, and do you have to format your iPhone? (I have like all the apps, and it would be a pain to re-install all of them)
    Not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by davalos View Post
    can IPSF be run on a jailbroken 1.1.1??

Or must it be installed on 1.0.2 and then upgraded to 1.1.1 and jailbreak that beast???

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

Ive tried twice and when I get to step 5 I activate the phone with itunes cause I am on ATT. But Itunes shows me I have a 300 mb phone and only roughly 60 is available.

I also went through the setup with nates sshkit, and it seems to install. I should then try and connect via a ssh client to the phones wifi address? I tried and just keep getting connection refused, so not sure if the 300 meg thing is becaise I can't finish the whole process.

For now, I reloaded 1.02 and going to wait and see if a more streamlined version comes out. anyone other there doing this on windows and care to take a lotta screen shots?

thanks for everyones effort....I'm sure someone will make a novice version of this that'll help me somewhat!

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast