Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dev Team 1.1.1 Jailbreak

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

haha true.. and thanks for your help updating the guides!

when I tried to install the summerboard- my dock is at the top and is covering up my icons.. I have a feeling I meesed something up in the very last step.. any ideas.. sorry to be a pain in the a$$- just another newbie playing with this thing that I call my addiction

Hey im only 13
    MyPhone is better than yours

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyBeagle View Post
    Hey im only 13
    Thats actually fairly impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by daniel_emt View Post
    How do i get the installer on 1.1.1 after I've done all this. I see a guide for windows but not OS X. Can someone point me in the right direction.
    You do it basicly the same way, except you substitute Cyberduck for WinSCP and Terminal for the WinSCP termnal

The commands/concepts are the same

There is a guide though. HERE

Quote Originally Posted by drhundley View Post
    when I tried to install the summerboard- my dock is at the top and is covering up my icons.. I have a feeling I meesed something up in the very last step.. any ideas.. sorry to be a pain in the a$$- just another newbie playing with this thing that I call my addiction
    No you didnt screw anything up

The Summerboard app found in Installer is not compatible with 1.1.1. Look here for a thread Summerboard 1.1.1 Alpha (Its late and I'm lazy or I'd link it) for instructions to install the new version that will work with 1.1.1
    Last edited by Murfunit; 2007-10-13 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

So, has anybody gotten it working with a non-iPhone specific AT&T account (like GoPhone) using iAsign to activate? I read the guide & most of this thread, used search, but it's still not very clear if the phone functions work without a proper iPhone AT&T account.

I'd appreciate help.
    Last edited by sarahw; 2007-10-13 at 10:10 AM.
    Actually, I use Mac OS X on MPB 2.2GHz C2D .

forgive me if these have been asked before:

1. If I downgrade can I upgrade back to 1.1.1 without problems?

2. If I follow the steps and jailbreak 1.1.1 can I return it to a factory 1.1.1 if I want?

3. If I JB 1.1.1 do all of the standard Apple apps work?

4. Will future Apple updates brick the JB 1.1.1?

Also I'm an AT&T customer so I don't need unlocking jist 3rd party stuff. Thanks in advance for the help.

Thanks

1. Yes.
    2. Yes. You will always have the option to restore to factory settings through iTunes.
    3. Yes! And iTunes will sync and function properly with your phone.
    4. HIGHLY unlikely. So far the only ones to experience bricking were those that used unlocks, and even they have a method to un-brick now. If for some reason bricking does happen, you would always be able to first restore to factory settings, then update with no problem. If you're paranoid about it, just be sure not to upgrade your firmware without checking a site like this to see the effects on mods.

Just be sure you know what you're doing (read the ENTIRE guide) before even starting. If it sounds a little complicated, you may want to wait for a simpler method.

Cool, thanks for the answers. Just some questions that were nagging me.

Thanks

That's what we're here for. Welcome to the forums!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unclear View Post
    haha true.. and thanks for your help updating the guides!
    anytime man

Hey im only 13
    you're 13 and have an iphone!?!?!? damn youre lucky.

next comment kept to myself

Can someone help me with using ssh on a mac when i connect using SFTP it says check username and passord and when i use STP is says connection refused

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Can someone help me with using ssh on a mac when i connect using SFTP it says check username and passord and when i use STP is says connection refused
    you cant use sftp...

for the SCP error, make sure you put the dropbear file on your phone first

Ok guys really quick question..I'm gonna give it one more try to load 1.1.1 and jailbreak. What specifically needs to be changed folder wise to keep it from being rejailed? At what point does it GET written to and rejailed? I've tried about 11 times now and always lose ability to SSH in and the itunes control is back in the directory...ANY help is really appreciated..if I can't figure out what I doing wrong I'll have to stay at 1.0.2 until another iNdependence or something comes out.
    Last edited by cranie; 2007-10-14 at 01:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahw View Post
    So, has anybody gotten it working with a non-iPhone specific AT&T account (like GoPhone) using iAsign to activate? I read the guide & most of this thread, used search, but it's still not very clear if the phone functions work without a proper iPhone AT&T account.

I'd appreciate help.

I would love if this were answered as well!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cranie View Post
    Ok guys really quick question..I'm gonna give it one more try to load 1.1.1 and jailbreak. What specifically needs to be changed folder wise to keep it from being rejailed? At what point does it GET written to and rejailed? I've tried about 11 times now and always lose ability to SSH in and the itunes control is back in the directory...ANY help is really appreciated..if I can't figure out what I doing wrong I'll have to stay at 1.0.2 until another iNdependence or something comes out.
    iTunes_Control shouldn't affect SSH in the slightest.

Thumbs up Finally success!!
    Quote Originally Posted by unclear View Post
    iTunes_Control shouldn't affect SSH in the slightest.
    Well after a TON of failures after my first almost success 2 days ago..I finally got it using this guide on my iMac http://www.iphonealley.com/news/ipho...allation-guide
    Out of all the guides this one was the one that worked for me the FIRST time until I made a bad file deletion and this time.
    Thanks to EVERYONE on the Dev team and on MMI for this.

Default Can you use a cingular sim/activate-but-not-unlock in 1.1.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by FrogsOblivious View Post
    I would love if this were answered as well!
    I'll "third" the question asked by sarahw and FrogsOblivious.
    Can we use Cingular or non-iPhone ATT sims in 1.1.1?

Maybe we need to start our own thread, guys?

Seems most folks either talk about jailbreaking only (for third party apps) or jump all the way to unlocking. Using my Cingular GoPhone sim in 1.0.2 I didn't have to unlock, but did have to activate outside of iTunes. Kind of a middle ground there.

And I can't tell what the story is on 1.1.1 yet from this and other forums.

Does anyone know an app that i can use SCP on my mac

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast