Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dev Team 1.1.1 Jailbreak

For those of you who are struggling I'd suggest trying this version of the install that I just posted: Seems to be a lot more simple for some people even though the dev team versions do in fact work perfectly if followed exactly. The big problem I've seen is the sftp connection issue and the issue where people don't get how to make the iPhone show the full space (looks like it's only 300mb): http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9667

SFTP simply does not work when following their instructions so you have to use scp and ssh to do what you need to do which works fine. I suspect a lot of people are also trying to connect via sftp when they should in fact be using scp they are two different protocols that behave very differently you have to use the right one.

Hey, How do you go about installing iswitcher? I got it on my phone but I can't see the themes. HELP

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoshi View Post
    For those of you who are struggling I'd suggest trying this version of the install that I just posted: Seems to be a lot more simple for some people even though the dev team versions do in fact work perfectly if followed exactly. The big problem I've seen is the sftp connection issue and the issue where people don't get how to make the iPhone show the full space (looks like it's only 300mb): http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9667

SFTP simply does not work when following their instructions so you have to use scp and ssh to do what you need to do which works fine. I suspect a lot of people are also trying to connect via sftp when they should in fact be using scp they are two different protocols that behave very differently you have to use the right one.
    I have done that as well. I forget to click scp...Because it defaults to sftp
    Last edited by xxjoebreadxx; 2007-10-12 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by xxjoebreadxx View Post
    Hey, How do you go about installing iswitcher? I got it on my phone but I can't see the themes. HELP

I have done that as well. I forget to click scp...Because it defaults to sftp
    I'd consider ditching winscp altogether for scp usage. Putty has a command line scp tool which you CANNOT screw up

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~s.../download.html

pscp.exe use that and you can't go wrong. This is also good because it follows normal unix scp syntax so you can use what people post for command lines just by replacing scp with pscp

Hello. Does this method only add the Edge switch and mobile iTunes store and not the other features of 1.1.1? If I don't really care for the edge switch or mobile store, should I just stay with 1.0.2?

I am very sorry if this question has been asked. I did look through many pages, but did not see it.

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Hey guys, tutorial worked GREAT!!!! Having fun the 1.1.1 modded way!

PROBLEM - DO NOT try to change your keyboard with the old image files on this board, mine is now toast! I cannot see anything on it.

CAN ANYONE RUNNING JAILBROKEN 1.1.1 POST THE KEYBOARD FILE, WHICH IS

System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.Framework/Keyboard-Common.artwork

PLEASE, I NEED IT TO RESTORE MY KEYBOARD!!
    THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Here you go - http://www.sendspace.com/file/jpf5k4

Quick question for anyone that has successfully gained scp access to their phone. Under /var/root I show 2 files that I am wondering if I can delete or not. one is iPhoneActivation.pem, the other is lockdownd.1.0.2. Any idea what these are?

Also, what is the difference between /private/var/root and /var/root?
    Last edited by s2kpdx; 2007-10-12 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What exactly is happening when you try?

Did you try using services and switching which SSH daemon it was using like I mentioned? I found that one works with sftp and one would not.

Also when you switch go into terminal first and try
    ssh -l root <iphone ip>

when you do this if it doesn't prompt you for the password and you get some trust error (which is on the mac side) type this:
    rm ~/.ssh/known_hosts

then try
    ssh -l root <iphone ip>
    again, this time it should work. You'll need to delete that file anytime you switch which ssh daemon you are using.

Once you are able to get in via ssh THEN try using cyberduck or fugu via sftp.
    I'm sorry, I totally missed this post. I get an error with cyberduck that says "unexpected end of sftp stream" just as cyberduck is "starting sftp subsystem"

In terminal, I've never got that error, I can SSH with that command(Although I've generally been using "ssh root@<myip>" as the command to ssh, is that wrong?) It says no such file, but the phone always starts in /var/root so is there another directory i need to go to so i can rm the known_hosts file?
    Last edited by daniel_emt; 2007-10-12 at 07:01 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by s2kpdx View Post
    Here you go - http://www.sendspace.com/file/jpf5k4

Quick question for anyone that has successfully gained scp access to their phone. Under /var/root I show 2 files that I am wondering if I can delete or not. one is iPhoneActivation.pem, the other is lockdownd.1.0.2. Any idea what these are?

Also, what is the difference between /private/var/root and /var/root?
    all i show in /var/root/ is a Library folder and a Media folder

as far as /private/var/root and /var/root .... they are the same folder

iPhone? More like MyPhone rkisling's Avatar
    Thanks

Default SHH Issue
    Just wanted to reiterate what justinrunge said about SSH-ing into the phone. I was completely unable to access my phone through SSH until i also:

"download(ed) the old sshify and just copy the new iphoneinterface into it. did that ...ran it... and i don't know if this matters, but I TURNED IT OFF TWICE AT PHASE THREE.. Then it worked!!!!!"

After that, everything went fine. Most of the apps from installer that I tried work fine, except those that modify the spring board (summer board and rbst)....So happy to have my apps back...

Quote Originally Posted by daniel_emt View Post
    I'm sorry, I totally missed this post. I get an error with cyberduck that says "unexpected end of sftp stream" just as cyberduck is "starting sftp subsystem"

In terminal, I've never got that error, I can SSH with that command(Although I've generally been using "ssh root@<myip>" as the command to ssh, is that wrong?) It says no such file, but the phone always starts in /var/root so is there another directory i need to go to so i can rm the known_hosts file?
    If sftp isn't working then switch which SSH daemon you are running on your iPhone as I described (did you try both of them?)

I'm not sure I follow what you are trying to say in your second paragraph. the known_hosts file gets deleted off your mac NOT off your iPhone. The easiest way is in a terminal window type:
    rm ~/.ssh/known_hosts

Ok...so i have a new 1.1.1 fm iphone which i purchased a week ago...Is there anyway to activate the simcard for non ATT users? I understand there is a way to jailbreak it but is there a way to activate the phone?
    Digg

Quote Originally Posted by kidkrops View Post
    Ok...so i have a new 1.1.1 fm iphone which i purchased a week ago...Is there anyway to activate the simcard for non ATT users? I understand there is a way to jailbreak it but is there a way to activate the phone?
    Digg
    I think the guides go over this a little...I'm not 100% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by rkisling View Post
    Just wanted to reiterate what justinrunge said about SSH-ing into the phone. I was completely unable to access my phone through SSH until i also:

"download(ed) the old sshify and just copy the new iphoneinterface into it. did that ...ran it... and i don't know if this matters, but I TURNED IT OFF TWICE AT PHASE THREE.. Then it worked!!!!!"

After that, everything went fine. Most of the apps from installer that I tried work fine, except those that modify the spring board (summer board and rbst)....So happy to have my apps back...
    Yup, Alot of people had to do that. I posted this solution last night and it fixed others problems as well. This is the way to go.
    Last edited by xxjoebreadxx; 2007-10-12 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ah,on the mac, i see now. I will try that when i get home.

I am assuming this is for mac? I get stuck after I get the ssh- I then type the change for getting it to show the space but it gives and error.. when I run cmd and iphoneinterface it still shows that Im not jailbroken is the correct or am I really "not jailbroken"

thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by drhundley View Post
    I am assuming this is for mac? I get stuck after I get the ssh- I then type the change for getting it to show the space but it gives and error.. when I run cmd and iphoneinterface it still shows that Im not jailbroken is the correct or am I really "not jailbroken"

thanks in advance
    Are you using a mac? if not then it should basically work the same but use the windows tutorials up the point where I say that I'm deviating from the dev team instructions.

Give me a step number you're getting stuck at if you're getting an error tell me what the error is, I'll help ya but I need to know what is going on.

If the error happens to be to the effect of not being able to find the command you are trying to execute then you likely skipped a step and didn't install a bsd subsystem. Which means you didn't follow my directions. Things go in the order they are in for a reason.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TheYoshi For This Useful Post:

drhundley (2007-10-13)

Please can anyone tell me how to activate after a jailbreak 1.1.1 OTB iphone. Please

I know that I am getting annoying, but I really would love to have my maps back. People have been having this problem for a while. I have seen at least one other time this has happened: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...highlight=mapp I believe this was in 1.0.2. I had a jailbroken 1.0.2 then got a jailbroken 1.1.1 and my Maps.app would load up, but everything was like grayed out as if you could not press them. The only thing that looked normal was the Search bar. After a couple of seconds it brought me back to the Springboard. I tried restarting the phone, and then doing the Home+Power/Sleep Button method for restarting. Neither made Maps.app work. I went back to 1.0.2 and then upgraded back to another jailbroken 1.1.1. Same problem, I am still at the jailbroken 1.1.1 and having the troubles. Please help me. Any suggestions at all would be extremely appreciated. I know I am posting too many times, but this is important to me and I am trying to figure it out. I also made sure all the Maps.app files were set to 0755. Thanks in advance for any help!

I upgraded everything perfectly, however it won't work for my t-mobile sim. I used the iphoneSimFree unlock so it should work. When i put in my wife's att card everything works fine, but when I put in my t-mobile card it doesn't work.

I can activate with my t-mobile card, but once i restart the iphone everything goes back to unactivated. If i put in my wife's att card it works after a restart. Any ideas?

iPhone? More like MyPhone shadow_cruiser's Avatar
    Thanks

topic of #iphone channel

1.1.1 Jailbreak released | If iPhone 1.1.1 is too complex for you to jailbreak in windows, wait until Oct 20-30th for an automated installer (Darken) | anySim baseband fix is in progress, be patient

Default Help!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Having trouble installing BSD can someone post a screenshot or something

I am using terminal on a mac
    MyPhone is better than yours

Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast