Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dev Team 1.1.1 Jailbreak

PF, or anyone else, will srelay (socks proxy) work after jailbreak 1.1.1?

I have rewritten the readme included in the 1.1.1 jailbreak. I very slightly modified it to make it more reader friendly (less hacker talk, more english ), and edit a few things that I did differently. I hope this helps some people...

*DISCLAIMER* blah blah, I take no responsibility if this messes anything up... yada yada... /Disclaimer

(sorry windows people, this is aimed towards macs since that is what I used...)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by s2kpdx; 2007-10-12 at 01:48 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to s2kpdx For This Useful Post:

Kyle Matthews (2007-10-12)

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Thanks!

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

iPhone? More like MyPhone ijustin's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cranie View Post
    I think you're right man...It just feels like I found a $50 last night and misplaced it today

Such a noob mistake too.."I should rename this file instead of deleting it...nah"
    It wasn't HARD to jailbreak just a lot of steps. One good thing is all the crap is now cleared off my phone for whenever they come out with the "1.1.1 One Click Jailbreak"
    I know how you feel

i deleted the dup media dir but the phone still shows a capacity of 300 MB instead of the 7.xx GB. Should I just restore through iTunes, dg to 1.0.2 and try again?

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't get SSH to work after putting 1.1.1 back in. I have rw access, and have run the sshify-windows, but just keep getting a connection refused message when I try to connect via winscp.

I can get full access to the phone via iphonebrowser, can I install the files for ssh and bsd in that way?

If so, where should I place the SSH files? The BSD directories just go into the root, correct?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by s2kpdx View Post
    I have rewritten the readme included in the 1.1.1 jailbreak. I very slightly modified it to make it more ready friendly (less hacker talk, more english ), and edit a few things that I did differently. I hope this helps some people...

*DISCLAIMER* blah blah, I take no responsibility if this messes anything up... yada yada... /Disclaimer

(sorry windows people, this is aimed towards macs since that is what I used...)
    Doing your method now

Okay, this isn't making sense. I've just gone through a second time. I've done everything, except activate my phone. What i don't understand is the "iNdependence" thing it says "jailbreak required for shh", i figured i would try this even though i aready did the SSh stuff in terminal.
    Everything seems to be working right except cyber duck and the other sftp programs.... again. Advice?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I've tried to unlock mine but it never worked am I safe?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pingwhen View Post
    I've tried to unlock mine but it never worked am I safe?
    go into settings/general/about and look at your modem firmware
    if it starts with a 3 you are good. if it starts with a 4 you will brick your phone

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

ohhhh btw I use att anyway

Quote Originally Posted by daniel_emt View Post
    Okay, this isn't making sense. I've just gone through a second time. I've done everything, except activate my phone. What i don't understand is the "iNdependence" thing it says "jailbreak required for shh", i figured i would try this even though i aready did the SSh stuff in terminal.
    Everything seems to be working right except cyber duck and the other sftp programs.... again. Advice?

The only thing you should do in independence is install SSH, dont mess with jailbreak or anything else in that program. Since you are already jailbroken, it should work. Or atleast it did on mine.....

Okay, here is my question. Since i can't get cyberduck to work, is there a way within terminal to manually put the m68ap.plist and installer app and the system files into the phone?

I know this is probably complicated and it would help if i knew a damn thing about apple's terminal and how to use it.

Back up in iTunes before you start any of the jailbreak process, then you can re-sync when you are done...
    I always do but for some reason when doing the "restore" previously through other updates before 1.1.1 (haven't jail broken my phone yet... kinda scared ) it always says error restoring phone

I know when I did mine last night in order to get cyberduck (or any FTP client)to connect the first time I had to keep the SSH connection active. After I finished the changes through Cyberduck I didn't need to do SSH/terminal again for access.

The only thing you should do in independence is install SSH, dont mess with jailbreak or anything else in that program. Since you are already jailbroken, it should work. Or atleast it did on mine.....
    Right but, it wont let me...

iNdependence looks like this:

Quote Originally Posted by cranie View Post
    I know when I did mine last night in order to get cyberduck (or any FTP client)to connect the first time I had to keep the SSH connection active. After I finished the changes through Cyberduck I didn't need to do SSH/terminal again for access.
    thats interesting, i will give that a try.
    UPDATE: that did not work, Still getting the same error in cyberduck, it says "connected" and "successful login" right before i get the error.
    and just incase, here is that error again:
    Last edited by daniel_emt; 2007-10-12 at 02:01 AM.

Right but, it wont let me...

iNdependence looks like this:

thats interesting, i will give that a try.
    UPDATE: that did not work, Still getting the same error in cyberduck, it says "connected" and "successful login" right before i get the error.
    and just incase, here is that error again:
    wow... That is very wierd. I wonder why it recognized my phone as jailbroken but not yours......????

wow... That is very wierd. I wonder why it recognized my phone as jailbroken but not yours......????
    Indeed it is sir.

Question: when i do the BSD world thing- am i suppose to do that while ssh'd into the phone?? Becuase your readme version leaves me with that impression.
    Last edited by daniel_emt; 2007-10-12 at 02:14 AM.

Thanks

F IT!! I am giving up on this scp error

i think i need some HELP!!! hahaha i am at 1.0.2 with 04..01.13_G firmware?
    will i brick my phone if i do this bull crap or what?
    3.0 3g *******

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast