Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dev Team 1.1.1 Jailbreak

Quote Originally Posted by xxjoebreadxx View Post
    That should get you going. You can get his sshify from his blog. Just google for natetrue. Ibrickr is hosted there as well. But that is just temporary untill we have a super easy button to push like with 1.0.2.
    Yeah I am sure this is less than a week away too...LOL

Oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by iNfEk View Post
    does the jailbreaking processes for 1.1.1 wipe all data on your phone (i.e. alarm clock settings, notes, stocks, weather, saved maps)?
    Back up in iTunes before you start any of the jailbreak process, then you can re-sync when you are done...
    Last edited by s2kpdx; 2007-10-12 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

springpatch ran fine for me, its this damn cyberduck crap. argh. I need a smoke break. haha.

Oh well. I have to go home. hahaha. I'll mess with it tonight and post my findings tommorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by xxjoebreadxx View Post
    Yes.
    I think you have already said, but just to be sure... in WinSCP springpatch should be in /bin. Right click and select properties and then make sure that everything is allowed including write and execute (octal should read 0777). Then control-T then springpatch.

Sorry if you have already tried this.

Quote Originally Posted by daniel_emt View Post
    I think so, I assume it did, it said in terminal it did. Nothing looks different through.
    Still getting my error in cyberduck as well, it connects then disconnects and says "unexpected end of sftp stream" still.

arg. everything else is working, i just need to ssh into my phone on cyberduck. Any thing else i can try?

Are you 100% sure you know what ip address your phone is on? it sounds like you are already activated so you should know it, but when I did it I got an error because I was just guessing because I didn't want to activate it yet, so then I logged on to my router to see what ip address were connected and got it from there, then it worked after I realized it wasn't the ip my iphone is normally connected to at home, it changed for some reason...

*edit*
    Nevermind, you obviously connected fine via Terminal... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......

i guess no one answered my original question of how do i know if my phone has been even attempted to be unlocked based on the things i have done which are stated in the first post of this thread.

Shouldn't cyberduck be set for scp stream instead of sftp?

how would i go about changing that
    ?

how would i go about changing that
    ?
    I could never find a SCP setting for cyberduck, I have been using SFTP with 1.0.2 and now with 1.1.1 with no problems...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have manually copied Installer.app to my jailbroke 1.1.1 iphone, but its not connecting to repositiories to download apps. Any help.
    If I ran apptap would that cause me problems on 1.1.1.
    How do I get Installer.app working properly in 1.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by s2kpdx View Post
    I could never find a SCP setting for cyberduck, I have been using SFTP with 1.0.2 and now with 1.1.1 with no problems...
    Did you do all your stuff on a mac as well? If so, what should I try next- downgrade and try again?

Quote Originally Posted by ryaker View Post
    I have manually copied Installer.app to my jailbroke 1.1.1 iphone, but its not connecting to repositiories to download apps. Any help.
    If I ran apptap would that cause me problems on 1.1.1.
    How do I get Installer.app working properly in 1.1.1
    You mean you just installed it via winscp or cyberduck? I installed mine that way and had no problems, it worked right away. Have you tried a reboot? Do you know for sure all the permissions are set right?

Did you do all your stuff on a mac as well? If so, what should I try next- downgrade and try again?

Yeah I did my whole install on my PowerBook G4 (ppc)... At this point, that would be my next move. It sucks though because I think you have done everything correctly...
    Last edited by s2kpdx; 2007-10-12 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

13. The Following User Says Thank You to s2kpdx For This Useful Post:

daniel_emt (2007-10-12)

Yeah I did my whole install on my PowerBook G4 (ppc)... At this point, that would be my next move. It sucks though because I think you have done everything correctly...
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure i did it all right, but Thanks for the help, i will start over and hopefully have some more info soon.z

edit: downgrading now

EDIT2: Downgrade succefull, going through the wikiguide to jailbreak 1.1.1
    Last edited by daniel_emt; 2007-10-12 at 12:38 AM.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure i did it all right, but Thanks for the help, i will start over and hopefully have some more info soon.z

edit: downgrading now

Yeah good luck... just read every step 3 times and take your time...

Your phone should not be activated for most of the steps also, try not activating till you get all the way to the end, mine was at the connect to itunes screen for a long time, but I still got my wifi signal so I was able to connect via SSH (I had to log into my router in order to find out what ip address it was giving it)... not sure if that makes a difference at all or not. I didn't activate untill I was completely done (other than in the very beginning where it tells you to, during the downgrade/upgrade process I believe)....

16. The Following User Says Thank You to s2kpdx For This Useful Post:

daniel_emt (2007-10-12)

Yeah good luck... just read every step 3 times and take your time...

Your phone should not be activated for most of the steps also, try not activating till you get all the way to the end, mine was at the connect to itunes screen for a long time, but I still got my wifi signal so I was able to connect via SSH (I had to log into my router in order to find out what ip address it was giving it)... not sure if that makes a difference at all or not. I didn't activate untill I was completely done (other than in the very beginning where it tells you to, during the downgrade/upgrade process I believe)....
    awesome, thanks man, you've been a huge help. I'll let ya know how it goes. I'm gonna take my time with it and do it right.... hopefully.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ijustin's Avatar
    Thanks

alright ive tried like 5 times downgrading jailbreaking sshing and scp still doesnt work wtf? i think im just going to leave it at 1.1.1 and wait til a fullproof version comes out. I NEVER had any trouble doing any of this when the very first jailbreak for 1.0.1 came out. Ive done probably about 12 phones and I cant get mine to do it.

Here's a story that reminds me of the domino effect started by my not paying attention for a second. Feel free to point and laugh..and maybe offer a suggestion (Please not "Put donw the phone and move back slowly )
    I had my phone jailbroken (NOT unlocked) in 1.0.2 and it was great. Waited till yesterday to upgrade to 1.1.1 Spent 3 hours getting it together and it was working great except for Summerboard..Got a script error when trying to uninstall so I could reinstall it. SOO I tried to manually delete it and accidently deleted a springboard.plist file which in turn crashed my phone. Couldn't find a backup of the file so I figure "I'll just run restore and it should replace the file"..yes of course AND erase SSH and everything else. SO do I stop there? NO. "I'll just start over" Tried to downgrade to 1.0.2 and iTunes tells me "Unable to restore iPhone due to unknown error 1" So I'm sitting on an Apple approved 1.1.1 iPhone. So do I just do without the Mobilechat or does anyone have a suggestion..?

iPhone? More like MyPhone ijustin's Avatar
    Thanks

cranie wait a couple of days like i am

i just upgraded and jailbroke the phone with no hitch.. till i tried to DL more ringtones and realized my phones capacity is now 300 MB with 15MB available.. what the heck happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Spaghetti View Post
    i just upgraded and jailbroke the phone with no hitch.. till i tried to DL more ringtones and realized my phones capacity is now 300 MB with 15MB available.. what the heck happened?
    Just a guess here...
    You most likely renamed your old media directory with everything in it (Like media.old or media_sym) and when you restored everything back to your phone you ended up with everything duplicated in a NEW media directory. So the answer would be to remove the duplicate. But as I just learned ..TRIPLE CHECK FIRST!

Quote Originally Posted by ijustin View Post
    cranie wait a couple of days like i am
    I think you're right man...It just feels like I found a $50 last night and misplaced it today

Such a noob mistake too.."I should rename this file instead of deleting it...nah"
    It wasn't HARD to jailbreak just a lot of steps. One good thing is all the crap is now cleared off my phone for whenever they come out with the "1.1.1 One Click Jailbreak"
    Last edited by cranie; 2007-10-12 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast