Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dev Team 1.1.1 Jailbreak

Still no luck sftp, I'm trying to figure out how to run the springpatch. I followed the README instructions and "scp"ed it the :/usr/bin, but then the readME says " Upload the springpatch binary included with this distribution:

scp springpatch root@[IPHONE IP]:/usr/bin

Then low into your iPhone and run it:

$ springpatch

SpringBoard Patcher for iPhone v1.1.1
    Brought to you by the iPhone Dev Team
    Successfully patched /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/SpringBoard
    Original backed up to:
    /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/SpringBoard.original.
    Please reboot your iPhone or kill springboard for changes to take effect."

I assume they meant "Log" on your phone, but how exactly do i do this. I'm new to terminal and cmd lines and what not,

Quote Originally Posted by daniel_emt View Post
    Still no luck sftp, I'm trying to figure out how to run the springpatch. I followed the README instructions and "scp"ed it the :/usr/bin, but then the readME says " Upload the springpatch binary included with this distribution:

scp springpatch root@[IPHONE IP]:/usr/bin

Then low into your iPhone and run it:

$ springpatch

SpringBoard Patcher for iPhone v1.1.1
    Brought to you by the iPhone Dev Team
    Successfully patched /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/SpringBoard
    Original backed up to:
    /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/SpringBoard.original.
    Please reboot your iPhone or kill springboard for changes to take effect."

I assume they meant "Log" on your phone, but how exactly do i do this. I'm new to terminal and cmd lines and what not,
    I'm at the same step. It won't let me run springpatch...it keeps saying "permission denied" GRR

Quote Originally Posted by xxjoebreadxx View Post
    Yes, I have tried it that way as well. Hah, Whats the command to add it instead of dragging and dropping it. Maybe if I manually add it through openSSH and then execute it it would work.
    When connected to your phone via ssh in the terminal, the command for executing spring patch is -

cd /usr/bin
    ./springpatch

Still no luck sftp, I'm trying to figure out how to run the springpatch.
    Which client are you using? WinSCP?

Quote Originally Posted by s2kpdx View Post
    When connected to your phone via ssh in the terminal, the command for executing spring patch is -

cd /usr/bin
    ./springpatch
    Doesn't work. Comes up permission denied.

brilliant! thank you sir

Quote Originally Posted by MiLK_MD View Post
    Yes.

Cyberduck. I am on OS X.

Cyberduck. I am on OS X.

Haha, Who was he talking to? I'm not sure. Maybe both at once. HAH

On what part are you getting stuck? Connecting via SSH?
    Yes, I can't connect with SSH although after further reading your post i now understand that you're using the mac ssh files with sshify-windows.bat?
    Or are you just substituting the step putfile /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.update.plist with the au.asn.ucc.matt.dropbear.plist?

brilliant! thank you sir
    Did that springpatch command work for you???

Quote Originally Posted by demonater10 View Post
    Yes, I can't connect with SSH although after further reading your post i now understand that you're using the mac ssh files with sshify-windows.bat?
    Or are you just substituting the step putfile /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.update.plist with the au.asn.ucc.matt.dropbear.plist?
    I had a ton of trouble with that untill I downloaded nate true's sshify. Not the patched one hosted on here. Then I added the iphoneinterface.exe from ibrickr verison .08 to the sshify and it went fine. But now I Keep getting freaking permission denied when I try to run springpatch

I had a ton of trouble with that untill I downloaded nate true's sshify. Not the patched one hosted on here. Then I added the iphoneinterface.exe from ibrickr verison .08 to the sshify and it went fine. But now I Keep getting freaking permission denied when I try to run springpatch
    Oh I will try that and perhaps fail miserably and then sulk.

Quote Originally Posted by s2kpdx View Post
    Did that springpatch command work for you???
    I think so, I assume it did, it said in terminal it did. Nothing looks different through.
    Still getting my error in cyberduck as well, it connects then disconnects and says "unexpected end of sftp stream" still.

arg. everything else is working, i just need to ssh into my phone on cyberduck. Any thing else i can try?

Oh I will try that and perhaps fail miserably and then sulk.
    That should get you going. You can get his sshify from his blog. Just google for natetrue. Ibrickr is hosted there as well. But that is just temporary untill we have a super easy button to push like with 1.0.2.

Ok, I just used the ssh kit for windows from nate true. He calls it sshify. The iphoneinterface.exe file needs to be updated from the most recent copy of ibrickr. As you run sshify it will still say that the phone is NOT jailbroken but the files will nevertheless be copied over. In addition to those files, ADD au.asn.ucc.matt.dropbear.plist to the /System/Library/LaunchDaemons. And here is an important point: reboot TWICE. You can leave sshify window open on PHASE 3. Note that phase 3 says to reboot once. With the addition of the au.asn.ucc.matt.dropbear.plist you will need to reboot TWICE at this stage. You can see if you have successfully set up ssh at this point using Putty or WinSCP. Give it a go. I just tested this method both without and with using the extra file on two new phones. Let me know.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MiLK_MD For This Useful Post:

porktart (2007-10-12)

iPhone? More like MyPhone ijustin's Avatar
    Thanks

Im going to downgrade and start over and see if i missed anything

That should get you going. You can get his sshify from his blog. Just google for natetrue. Ibrickr is hosted there as well. But that is just temporary untill we have a super easy button to push like with 1.0.2.
    thanks, I've found it and installed it, now im going to do my 5th attempt.

thanks, I've found it and installed it, now im going to do my 5th attempt.
    Hahaha/\/\ I'm on my 7th. I keep trying to fix my problem to no avail. Anyone have my problem happen to them? Permission denied when trying to run springpatch?

does the jailbreaking processes for 1.1.1 wipe all data on your phone (i.e. alarm clock settings, notes, stocks, weather, saved maps)?

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast