Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dev Team 1.1.1 Jailbreak

Quote Originally Posted by s2kpdx View Post
    It sounds like SSH is not installing properly?? Are you on Windows or Mac?
    windows xp. i know it's ssh that's causing the problem. i just don't know how to fix it. i just started going back through the tutorial again and i just finished the last step to install it, by going into iphoneinterface and doing the putfile on the com.apple.update.plist file. but winscp still gives me the error saying it can't connect.
    Peter: "Brian! There's a message in my alphabits! It says 'OOOOOOOOO'!!!!!"
    Brian: "Peter...those are Cheerios."

Guides:
    Moving Applications into the Media Partition to get more space for third party apps

Yeah, I still can't get my freaking springpatch to run. It AWALYS says "Permission denied" when I try to run it from winscp. or for that matter even freaking open ssh. The permissions are correct. Ive followed the freaking tuts to a teee and still nothing. any Suggestions? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ijustin View Post
    how do you know if ssh got installed correctly
    If you can connect to your phone

or when you are installing it, it will give you status updates in between reboots, and if it says anything like "no such file or directory" anywhere in the terminal window, then it has failed...

say happened to me... the LAST step... remove sylink... do that, it will fix

Quote Originally Posted by xxjoebreadxx View Post
    Yeah, I still can't get my freaking springpatch to run. It AWALYS says "Permission denied" when I try to run it from winscp. or for that matter even freaking open ssh. The permissions are correct. Ive followed the freaking tuts to a teee and still nothing. any Suggestions? Thanks
    You should be executing the springpatch patch from terminal when you are connected to your iphone via SSH, is that what you are doing?

You should be executing the springpatch patch from terminal when you are connected to your iphone via SSH, is that what you are doing?
    Yes, In winSCP, i'm hitting CTRL + T then typing springpatch. It returns permission denied everytime. help me please.

Quote Originally Posted by rianbattle View Post
    windows xp. i know it's ssh that's causing the problem. i just don't know how to fix it. i just started going back through the tutorial again and i just finished the last step to install it, by going into iphoneinterface and doing the putfile on the com.apple.update.plist file. but winscp still gives me the error saying it can't connect.

SSH was my problem when I was trying to do it on my work PC. I went home and got on my powerbook and I had the same problem, then I downloaded independence to have it install SSH and it worked like a champ... I guess I cant help you any further due to me taking a different route that is not an option for you... Sorry

Yes, In winSCP, i'm hitting CTRL + T then typing springpatch. It returns permission denied everytime. help me please.
    What did you use to install the BSD files?
    Last edited by s2kpdx; 2007-10-11 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone cockyjeremy's Avatar
    Thanks

Any word of when an easier way of doing this will be done? bc i duno wtf i'm doing. lol.

SSH was my problem when I was trying to do it on my work PC. I went home and got on my powerbook and I had the same problem, then I downloaded independence to have it install SSH and it worked like a champ... I guess I cant help you any further due to me taking a different route that is not an option for you... Sorry

What did you use to install the BSD files?
    What do you mean? I added them myself through winscp. I just draged them and droped them where they went. Then I set the permissions and hit copy...to place them on the phone. Thanks for you help.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ijustin's Avatar
    Thanks

why does it say "not jailbroken" in ssh?

What do you mean? I added them myself through winscp. I just draged them and droped them where they went. Then I set the permissions and hit copy...to place them on the phone. Thanks for you help.
    I went a different route on this step as well, I was on my mac so I used the terminal to connect to my phone via ssh to upload those files. I used the same terminal window to execute the springpatch command, thats why I was curious if we did it the same way or not...

Have you tried to find the springpatch file in your iphone when you are connected to winscp and then right click it and go to custom commands - execute? I know its the same thing you have been doing, just a different way. I am just wondering if the springpatch never found its way onto your phone by some chance?

how do i get my phone activated to itunes. im completely lost. help.....please.

Is there another way to add those files?

That is odd Justin... have you confirmed your read write status via the fstab file?

I went a different route on this step as well, I was on my mac so I used the terminal to connect to my phone via ssh to upload those files. I used the same terminal window to execute the springpatch command, thats why I was curious if we did it the same way or not...

Have you tried to find the springpatch file in your iphone when you are connected to winscp and then right click it and go to execute? I know its the same thing you have been doing, just a different way. I am just wondering if the springpatch never found its way onto your phone by some chance?
    Yes, I have tried it that way as well. Hah, Whats the command to add it instead of dragging and dropping it. Maybe if I manually add it through openSSH and then execute it it would work.
    Last edited by xxjoebreadxx; 2007-10-11 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone ijustin's Avatar
    Thanks

That is odd Justin... have you confirmed your read write status via the fstab file?
    yup yup

I updated and sshified without any problems even though it also said not-jailbroken for me. That part isn't the issue. Try uploading the au.asn.ucc.matt.dropbear.plist to the LaunchDaemon folder and restarting iPhone. You can use iPhoneBrowser to put the file there. SSH should work for all Windows users after this step.

Quote Originally Posted by MiLK_MD View Post
    I updated and sshified without any problems even though it also said not-jailbroken for me. That part isn't the issue. Try uploading the au.asn.ucc.matt.dropbear.plist to the LaunchDaemon folder and restarting iPhone. You can use iPhoneBrowser to put the file there. SSH should work for all Windows users after this step.
    After 4 attempts I can safely assure you that it absolutely doesn't work for me.
    Rollin' with 1.0.2 for now.

Yeah, I deffinatly can't get springboard to work. This sucks. Help me porfavor.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to xxjoebreadxx For This Useful Post:

jedinight (2007-10-12)

Quote Originally Posted by demonater10 View Post
    After 4 attempts I can safely assure you that it absolutely doesn't work for me.
    Rollin' with 1.0.2 for now.
    On what part are you getting stuck? Connecting via SSH?

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast