Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dev Team 1.1.1 Jailbreak

i know it is not the good forum but i didnt know where to write it..i went to the download page for new homescreens and downloaded a mac osx springboard viia fugu, can anyone tell me if I want to have the default one again how do I do? because I had to overwrite the last one...

anyway to do ssh in windows through the terminal? i'm having issues. if i can get ssh to work then i'll be fine, that's my only issue now. since i can't ssh, my phone only shows the 300 megs. i downgraded back to 1.0.2 for now until somebody comes up with a solution to this...
    Peter: "Brian! There's a message in my alphabits! It says 'OOOOOOOOO'!!!!!"
    Brian: "Peter...those are Cheerios."

Guides:
    Moving Applications into the Media Partition to get more space for third party apps

Quote Originally Posted by s2kpdx View Post
    in your ibook, open terminal and type "ssh [email protected]ess" then when it asks for password type alpine (you wont see the letters when you type it, but just type it and hit return). Let me know if it connects...

You can find your ip address by logging into your router and looking at the connected devices...
    connection refused, didn't even give me the option of inputting a password.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ijustin's Avatar
    Thanks

I can get the damn scp to conncet

Quote Originally Posted by demonater10 View Post
    connection refused, didn't even give me the option of inputting a password.
    I believe that means the SSH install didn't work. As long as you have read write access, try using Independence to install SSH (don't do anything else with independence other than install SSH).

Here is what i get in terminal:

And this is what i get in cyberduck:

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

daniel, it just installs ssh, it does not install sftp

Quote Originally Posted by rianbattle View Post
    anyway to do ssh in windows through the terminal? i'm having issues. if i can get ssh to work then i'll be fine, that's my only issue now. since i can't ssh, my phone only shows the 300 megs. i downgraded back to 1.0.2 for now until somebody comes up with a solution to this...
    Not sure if this means anything, but when I did mine I didn't active my phone through iTunes till I was completely done. If you alreayd know your phone is showing 300 megs, but dont even know if SSH is working then I am assuming you skipped some steps?

ijustin. im having the same problem as you - how do i get my phone to activate and connect to itunes????

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    daniel, it just installs ssh, it does not install sftp
    But don't the BSD files install sftp? I can connect fine via cyberduck to mine...

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

his bsd world install must have failed then

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    his bsd world install must have failed then
    Thats what I was thinking... try installing the bsd files again Daniel, make sure you do both of them...

I've gone through them a second time, but I will try a third time i guess.
    My phone is already activated- is that a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by s2kpdx View Post
    Not sure if this means anything, but when I did mine I didn't active my phone through iTunes till I was completely done. If you alreayd know your phone is showing 300 megs, but dont even know if SSH is working then I am assuming you skipped some steps?
    no...i didn't skip any steps. the directions say to try to activate it directly after installing the 1.1.1 firmware. out of the four times i've upgraded so far, itunes hasn't been able to see my phone right after the upgrade(even after closing itunes, unplugging and plugging my phone back in, and starting itunes again), so following the directions i move on to try to install ssh. after doing that i get stuck because it won't let me connect via ssh to put on installer, and after trying everything i can think of to get ssh working, i open up itunes again to downgrade it and it allows me to activate it, and it shows the 300 megs. at this point i can stay on 1.1.1 with only 300 megs of space until i get ssh working, or i can downgrade back to 1.0.2 which is what i've been doing so i can reattempt the jailbreak process.
    Peter: "Brian! There's a message in my alphabits! It says 'OOOOOOOOO'!!!!!"
    Brian: "Peter...those are Cheerios."

Guides:
    Moving Applications into the Media Partition to get more space for third party apps

Thanks

I finally got mine activated, I jailbroke it and ssh'ed it and then restarted both comp and it connected to itunes and did it thing. BUT the only problem I have now is getting WinSCP to work (wont connect) I can get Iphonebrowser to work but I cant change the names of the folders

Quote Originally Posted by rianbattle View Post
    .......so following the directions i move on to try to install ssh. after doing that i get stuck because it won't let me connect via ssh to put on installer......

It sounds like SSH is not installing properly?? Are you on Windows or Mac?

Quote Originally Posted by daniel_emt View Post
    I've gone through them a second time, but I will try a third time i guess.
    My phone is already activated- is that a problem?
    I wouldn't see why it would be a problem, but at that point in the process mine wasn't, and mine is working fine, so I just don't know....
    Last edited by s2kpdx; 2007-10-11 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

how do you know if ssh got installed correctly

So, I am trying the update process, but every time I choose "Update," iTunes tries downloading the file, then at the very end (50 minutes later!) it says there was an error downloading: error -48. I found the downloaded file and tried updating using the shift+click method, by choosing the 1.1.1 .ipsw, but it doesn't do anything. I can't very well restore using 1.1.1, or my SSH process (moving Media, etc.) will be destroyed....any suggestions?

Thanks

Why does it say "not jailbroken" when i install ssh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -untitled.jpg  

I have done the BSD world 1.1.1 again and still getting the same error from cyberduck.

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast